jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone here use wordpress?

1. The Gift of Pen profile image60
    The Gift of Penposted 5 years ago

Does anyone here use wordpress?

How can I make the best of it?

2. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Yes I use wordpress.  Try read and comment on other blogs that care about the same stuff that you do. Link to other blogs the relate to your blog is another tip.  Try can keep spam out.  Good luck!

3. DrivingPeace profile image85
    DrivingPeaceposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure if you mean WordPress.com or are you talking about a self-hosted installation of Wordpress? I've used both, although I have more experience with self-hosted Wordpress.

Assuming you mean Wordpress.com, you'll get the most out of it and build a better audience if you treat it like a social networking platform. Think of it like Facebook with special capabilities. ;-)

Blogging in general is a community activity; the best bloggers know how to leverage the social part of writing and involve other people. It's taken me a long time to learn this, and I'm by no means an expert.

Follow other Wordpress blogs that have the same topic as yours. Leave comments on those blogs. Friend those bloggers on Facebook, Twitter, Hubpages, etc. Hang out in places at WordPress where people who are interested in whatever you write about also hang out.

Having a good experience on Wordpress is not that much different from the community building that takes place here on Hubpages. Network. The fact that it's all virtual rather than real life makes no difference - it's still a community.

4. afriqnet profile image52
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

Yeah I have several websites running on WP. The truth about WP is its robustness and user friendliness.  I had tried other CMS before but I was not satisfied with the results. So I highly recommend WP. Hope this helps

5. profile image53
    Janice Brownposted 4 years ago

I love to work with Wordpress and I enjoy using it. To build a blog is very simple today. I have created a blog on Wordpress and found an online tutorial that was very great for me. You may visit http://www.simplewebsitetutorials.com, here I got a useful information about Wordpress like creating a website, or a blog, how to use image library, and much more related to Wordpress.

working