jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Windows or mac?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Windows or mac?

What do you prefer, windows or apple... And why? I use windows purely because I can't afford anything made by apple, I tried a mac once but could barely understand how to open microsoft word. Although amazingly beautiful I do think macs are just way to complicated, plus I really don't think they should be that expensive...

2. networmed profile image60
    networmedposted 5 years ago

I am using Windows because it's compatible with all the applications I am using. I've heard others having issues using the same apps as me.

I think it depends on one's preference. One can have both if he/she can afford.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Windows, all the way. I can't stand Apple products. One for the price and two because I do not like the iPod. My old iPod had over 500 songs, 3 movies, and 12 music videos which were lost because Apple only Sync's what you bought from Apple. Sorry for finding the same songs for a better price. And then they get taken from me because I didn't want to spend more. So now I don't touch Apple products.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I have always used Windows but have been around some Macs. There is a certain appeal about a Mac because when you buy one and turn it on, it just works. A new Windows machine requires several steps, but than that man. I think Window machines are more versatile, easier repair, have more available software titles and actually can do just about anything a Mac can do. Windows machines are generally cheaper and can be customized for your particular need whether you buy a white box and have someone build it or order from a major manufacturer. Finally, most of the world uses Windows and trading files is just easier. I know Macs have made some progress in this direction, but again the Macs do not do anything the average user would want. Early on in the war, the Mac was a superior machine. Today, that is not the case.

5. securityproducts3 profile image41
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

I have used Windows almost my entire life, but have found that Microsoft in general began to plateau about 8 years ago. They started trying to copy what other innovators were making successful. For example, once apple made the iPod, Microsoft tried to come back with the Zune. Consumers are not dumb though, and are able to tell a copycat from an original work of art. I recently switched to Mac and the experience is amazing. The only reason Windows is still in business is because the switching cost for consumers is too high.

working