jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Will the Microsoft Surface tablet be a success, a failure, or somewhere in betwe

1. atechwiz profile image72
    atechwizposted 5 years ago

Will the Microsoft Surface tablet be a success, a failure, or somewhere in between?

2. djripster profile image61
    djripsterposted 5 years ago

I think this will all depend on the pricing. The Surface looks like a great device and if it has a competitive price and I reckon it will fall between iPad and Android tablets.

atechwizposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We will have to see how it does but I personally hope it does well.  It seems to be a great device,

3. Sara Algoe profile image87
    Sara Algoeposted 5 years ago

Success or no success ill be buying it for sure . Specially if its compatible with that motion sensing device that operates on hand gestures and costs around 50 USD.

I too will be buying one.

4. jessefutch profile image58
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

It will be a success. Regardless of price it will allow the integration of so many programs that were before now incompatible with other devices (Apple and Android) and will bring it all to the ultra-portable handheld size. The Surface tablet will however be affordable. I'd be willing to bet money on it! Microsoft wants people to buy their products. Since they have the market capped on labor, technology, design and compatibility, I can't see how they can possibly miss their target audience!

I agree that it does deliver a better experience than competitors, but I felt that way about Zune too.  Zune had a lot of better features than iPod.

5. profile image52
    sra1pkposted 5 years ago

In my view, people opt for anything that is below $200. Although, the niche market is always there. Also, the Cellular companies offering high end cell phones & 3G enabled tablets on contract prices, which makes it easier for people to afford high priced items on installment type packages...

working