jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think social media like Twitter and Facebook are more powerful than the m

1. alexandriaruthk profile image78
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Do you think social media like Twitter and Facebook are more powerful than the mainstream media now?

The media whether the print or is a powerful tool the shape the opinion of people, however social media like Facebook and Twitter gained importance and is considered a special tool in shaping opinions because you can share your thoughts to your friends, family and business circles. In social media, there is the power of the individual to share his/her thoughts.

2. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Overall the mainstream media is still more powerful, simply because so many people still rely on them for information. At the same time, there isn't a mainstream organization which doesn't utilize social media. If they didn't they probably wouldn't still be around.

Social media, to me, is far more useful. You can use Twitter to build your own custom newsfeed by populating it with sources and individuals who you trust to provide quality and relevant information. I find it vastly superior to traditional formats and sources. It's faster, more dynamic, and allows me to consume at my own pace. There's no way that doesn't eventually usurp traditional news.

Have you seen the Huffpost Live program? They have a sidebar in which people can live comment on the show, and the hosts of the show will occasionally read some of those comments. It's an interesting attempt to include social media into a more traditional format.

3. iamnicolerichards profile image58
    iamnicolerichardsposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, social media marketing is somewhat of the same impact with media since most news comes from the former.

4. mike-clark profile image61
    mike-clarkposted 3 years ago

I know I am replying to this post lately, But I think these days mainstreem media do have social profiles. This is just to get notice by target users.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image78
      alexandriaruthkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yup,thanks forcommenting.