jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Question about Microsoft Word

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Question about Microsoft Word

Is there any way to take something that has been copied and pasted and turn it from ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS to regular lower case text without having to rewrite it? Or, maybe to go the other way and turn all the little letters into big letters? Thanks in advance! smile

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7252402_f260.jpg

2. jessefutch profile image58
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

Highlight all of the content you wish to convert into lowercase. Press Shift and F3. This will convert all text into lowercase. Press Shift and F3 again and it will convert the text so that all words have capitalized first letters and the rest will be lowercase, like this:
    Oringinal: I AM YELLING
    Once: i am yelling
    Twice: I Am Yelling

1. jessefutch profile image58
      jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Also you can highlight the text, right click, then choose "Case/Characters". Then just click on "Lowercase". I suppose it depends on what version of Microsoft Word you have. This also works on Open Office programs.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image96
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm using Word 2010. And thank you very much for the help. Shift + F3 worked, by the way! smile

3. rfmoran profile image86
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

My answer is to see Jessefutch's response. He's done us a service. Thanks Jesse!

1. jessefutch profile image58
      jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the votes. Glad to help!

4. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

It is possible with Shift + F3 if you have a recent ish version of Microsoft Word, if you have a really old version it may not be possible.

working