jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone created their own website to advertise their writing?

1. lou2212 profile image68
    lou2212posted 5 years ago

Has anyone created their own website to advertise their writing?

If you have what advice would you reconmend.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

Some have created a facebook page, outside of their profile page, to do this. I have tried it, but not much luck.

1. lou2212 profile image68
      lou2212posted 5 years agoin reply to this

i thought about doing that but im not a big facebook fan, i created my own website to advertise why i write, with links to everything ive done, even hubpages, but ive never created one before.  www.lauras-writing-ambition.webs.com

3. angel4967 profile image60
    angel4967posted 5 years ago

When I created my website 2 years ago it was for my writing and photography.  It has changed so much since then but the one thing I stay true to is writing and photography.  Now that I am on Hub Pages, I have a page set up right on my site to direct people here.  If you would like to see my site it's   www.ariesmoonproductions.com

4. JBrumett profile image59
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

I'm not much of a website person myself.  I just used this place to get guest spots on websites to post blogs.  Then, used those to get a few contract jobs writing articles.  That only works if you're looking to use your stuff to make some extra income though.  Not sure if you're looking to do that, or if you want people to read specific topics you're interested in doing.

5. AlphaTechWV profile image66
    AlphaTechWVposted 5 years ago

I haven't made a website for my writing but I have made websites for local businesses as well as my own. I've had the most luck using Facebook to promote businesses. Make a fan page for yourself and pay for advertising on Facebook for that page. It seems to be the best exposure/dollar available right now.