jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best DSLR Camera to get for two newbies that want to get a good came

1. petertebin profile image70
    petertebinposted 5 years ago

What is the best DSLR Camera to get for two newbies that want to get a good camera for photos!

Me and my wife are looking for a good camera as we begin to grow our family and we decided we want to get a DSLR or SLR not sure which one really. Looking for advice from people who have them!

2. Gina145 profile image82
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

I have a Canon 7D, but that's probably a bit complicated for a newbie.

I really like the look of the new Canon 650D, also known in some places as the Canon Rebel T4i.  It's newer technology than the 7D, and costs a lot less.  It's good for shooting video too.  And for those who want such things, it even has a touchscreen.

petertebinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I have had a few people recommend that Canon T4i to us. I really appreciate the advice!

2. Gina145 profile image82
      Gina145posted 5 years agoin reply to this

One of my Hubs is a comparison between the 7D and the 650D (T4i).  I am planning to write one about Canon's new mirrorless camera, the EOS M, which also uses interchangeable lenses, but is a lot smaller.  It only has a screen though, no viewfinder.

3. Greenblood profile image70
    Greenbloodposted 5 years ago

I got a Nikon D7000 and 18-200 VR lence as a newbie after researching a lot for a best camera for a newbie. I am satisfied with my decision about the camera body but now I think I would have bought two lenses 18-55 and 35-300 as I was advised later by a professional photographer. Anyway 18-200 is good as I do not have the change the lense frequently and considering the environment I am living in now it is an advantage.

Thanks more information we need!

4. aravindb1982 profile image81
    aravindb1982posted 5 years ago

I too second the option of the Nikon D7000 with the 18-200 VR. But let me also tell you that it is very difficult to choose a camera unless a budget is specified.

If you have some time, please drop buy a hub which I wrote on how one should go about picking a camera, features etc.

http://aravindb1982.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … ould-I-buy

Thank you I will stop by now to check it out!

working