jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If the world wide web no longer existed tomorrow morning how greatly would it af

1. RichusFridum profile image59
    RichusFridumposted 5 years ago

If the world wide web no longer existed tomorrow morning how greatly would it affect your life?

Many of us rely on the internet for many things. But just how dependant are you on its existence?

2. Sapper profile image72
    Sapperposted 5 years ago

It would affect me pretty hard. Not only does my income come from the internet, but I'm in the process of starting a NPO that will mostly be funded by the internet.

3. Sharkye11 profile image94
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

I would be out of two jobs, and pretty socially isolated. I don't exactly live in an area where marketing in person is feasible at all times. As far as the "fun stuff" like games and chatting, I could live without those. I've only had internet for eight years anyhow.
    I would miss all the information available at a click though!

4. Goody5 profile image66
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

That's simple, I would just turn on the television instead of the Internet. After I woke up some, I'd grab my car keys and head off to my job in the real world like I do every day. Keep on hubbing  smile

5. Tealparadise profile image91
    Tealparadiseposted 5 years ago

I'd probably keel over.  As a long-time forum user, I wouldn't know what to do with myself without the added conversational stimulation you can get online.  I'd probably start calling my friends at 3am to say "Hey, have you ever thought about how that duster in Beauty and the Beast was a whore, but they just act like it's funny?  Why is sexuality funny?"

And soon I'd have no friends.

I "grew up" with the internet.  I don't watch TV, I haven't seen tons of movies, I don't know much about pop culture outside of the people who truly interest me.  I know everything I want to know about any topic at any time....  I can speak on many topics and expect others to be able to do likewise.

And now that I live abroad, things like Skype and Messenger systems keep me in contact with western culture.  It would be a hard blow.

working