Microsoft Windows Operating System 7 and 8 : What are the Differences?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Microsoft Windows Operating System 7 and 8 : What are the Differences?

Microsoft just launched the new Windows 8, what are its main differences with the Windows 7?

2. Dontei profile image60
    Donteiposted 5 years ago

The better question to ask in my opinion is whats not different to be honest. Microsoft decided to take a risky move and totally redesign the user experience in windows 8. Main differences between windows 7 and windows 8 include the following. Theres no start menu, the user interface resembles that of the xbox 360. Microsoft also added an online store where you HAVE to have an account to download the items free or otherwise. There online store is similar in design to apples. As far as performance go's there is a significant increase in start up and shut down speed for windows 8. There is not to much of a difference in gaming performance as far as I know. Keep in mind that as windows 8 just release it is far from optimized and performance may very well change over time. If you would like to learn more on this subject I actually posted a Window 8 Review HUB. Heres the link http://dontei.hubpages.com/hub/window-8. I hope this helped you out.

3. howlermunkey profile image89
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

HUGE. Windows 8 now has a "Metro" interface, which is, now, the "Start menu" , which will be gone in 8 (metro replaces the start menu).In other words, you'll start windows 8 with a "metro" screen", then hit "windows key + D" to get to the desktop)
    *** Windows 8 is Very hotkey oriented. (Im really not trying to self promote, but I did a two page hub on 8, which has hotkeys, explanation of metro, and a tip on "how to create your own custom shutdown). I even give the link to download the beta, and how to use the iso)

PS -- as a Network admin,, I cannot see us rolling this product into the business environment (easily). I understand the logic -- microsoft wants the Phone\Tablet Windows to match the Home OS...... but there is a learning curve involved.......

working