jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you replacing your original DVD movies with Blu Ray as they become available

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

Are you replacing your original DVD movies with Blu Ray as they become available?

I'm doing so, but on,y for some that are worthy.

2. JustSimple info profile image80
    JustSimple infoposted 5 years ago

No.... I have a blu ray, that is not even hooked up yet.  I stream my HD movies, and lots of movies are free nowadays online.   On Demand movies are here to stay.  Like those movies DVD clubs that used to be popular, I think they are going the way of the dinosaur.

3. aziza786 profile image70
    aziza786posted 5 years ago

I've never planned on replacing my original DVD movies with Blue Ray. It's not worth spending more money on something I've already have even if the Blu Ray has more enhancements. The main thing for me is watching the movie and a DVD provides good quality picture already. Unless of course, if it's a movie I own on DVD and the Blu Ray version has extra features such as extended or deleted scenes and documentaries etc, then I may consider replacing that particular movie and buy the Blu Ray version, it really depends. However, I own a couple of Blu Ray movies which I don't have on DVD and the experience between the DVD and Blu Ray is not very significant, just the high-definition is mainly noticed. So I would not really plan on replacing DVD movies.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My husband and I try to purchase the sets that have both the DVD and the Blu Ray disks. We only have one Blu Ray player and four DVD players so both are necessary. He has to have his stinking Blu Ray.