What do you think about bloggers faking 'swag'?

1. Global-Chica profile image94
    Global-Chicaposted 5 years ago

What do you think about bloggers faking 'swag'?

I recently read a fascinating article on fashionista.com about bloggers actually FAKING that they got something as a gift, where in actually, they paid for it with their hard-earn cash.  These bloggers seem to think that faking it is the key to making it.  What do you think? 
    Also, did a company ever give YOU a product as a gift in return for coverage?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image94
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

I don't see why they'd fake it. I can see buying something and writing a review about it with the disclosure that it wasn't a paid post and the company wasn't involved, just to get the word out there about a great product. I think that's what many of us do here on HP when we write our review hubs.

I would think faking it would actually hurt the blog if the company ever found out, especially if it wasn't representing the company well.

As a Nuby Mommy Blogger, I have received items from Nuby for free to review and write about. I disclose that I have received the item with the intent to review and that the views are honest and mine. Having an actual company behind you helps to get your blog views, which in turn helps you to make money. I guess in return Nuby is getting advertising, so it works out for both of us.

3. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 5 years ago

I don't know, but did you know that "swag" stands for Secretly We Are Gay?

working