jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If another person uses one of my HP images on a blog but links to my article, sh

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

If another person uses one of my HP images on a blog but links to my article, should I ...

ask her to properly cite the photo? She was writing a post that highlighted several recipes she found on the web, using the photos from each recipe and a link back to the recipe. She emailed me to let me know that my recipe was featured on her blog (just photo and link) and asked me to share with my followers on FB, Twitter and Pinterest. I'm hestitant because none of the photos, including mine, are properly attributed and I don't want to get in trouble for sharing the post.

I've had so much stolen from here lately...I don't know how to respond to her. I know she's just trying to be nice.

2. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

It is so flattering when someone links to one of our articles. And, I know this gal is trying to be nice. She even contacted you to let you know about the link. That's going the extra mile. But, you are in the right place to ask her to properly attribute the photos. I know you want to return the favor and direct traffic to her blog, but until she properly attributes the photos, I just would not do it. You have to be careful who you link to and who links to you. Your reputation is on the line either way. It's not that you would get into "trouble" if she gets called on the photo issue, but your work would be tied to it, and that could place some negative attention on you.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

It sounds to me like she is just not aware of how to attribute the photo, she's not trying to get away with anything. I think if you just tell her kindly exactly how it should be done, and that once that's taken care of you'd be happy to share, she will probably be happy to accommodate.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

She sounds inexperienced.  I'd tell how professionals expect this kind of thing to be done and how much I appreciated her efforts to do things the right way.