jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think the Polaroid camera should be brought back into use?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Do you think the Polaroid camera should be brought back into use?

Digital cameras have done away w/ the need for film, but there is still no on- the- spot "hard copy" like that of the Polaroid print.
    Should the system be re-introduced to the photography market?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Not unless they could improve the quality.  Yes, with Polaroid, you got the instant hard copy, but the quality was always much less than print film.

3. Paul Maplesden profile image77
    Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago

It's very unlikely as Polaroid went bankrupt due to the rise of digital camers, their failure to adapt and with how expensive the Polaroid cameras / film was to buy and use.

4. greatstuff profile image96
    greatstuffposted 4 years ago

In fact, Polaroid is still alive and kicking and has several new instant print digital cameras. Fuji has similar models as well. You can go to their respective websites for more info. I was thinking of buying one myself, most likely Fuji, as it is cheaper and have better support, here in my country

1. cat on a soapbox profile image98
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Polaroid has, in fact, gone out of business, but someone else has bought the name. Let's hope they don't snow everyone w/ known branding and poor intergrity.

5. Marisaupa profile image61
    Marisaupaposted 4 years ago

I suppose that apps like Instagram and their use of square formatting and soft focus and vintage filters have replicated some of the visual effects that one would get from a Polaroid snapshot.  It can be an effective way to get your Polaroid fix in an otherwise digital world.

working