jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Another newb question

1. Bishop55 profile image95
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

Another newb question

Hi. Can anyone tell my why some of my hubs have hyperlinks I did not add?   I am thinking these are keywords I was not smart enough to figure out on my own.  ??!
    I recently wrote a hub, and there are at least 3 links that I did not put in it, I just mean words that have hyperlinks.  What happened here?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Never have had that happen. Go to edit and see if you can unlink them.

3. wqaindia profile image79
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

This happens due to unauthorized crawling by spy search engines accessing your content. Remove such hyperlinks immediately and report to the HubTeam.

1. Bishop55 profile image95
      Bishop55posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks guys, but what would cause that?  Remove as in...I need to change the words?

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image80
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 4 years ago

I'm not entirely sure where the hyperlinks that have been appearing on your hubs are sending the readers, but here's what happens to me sometimes.

If they are keywords like "Google" or something along those lines, I've noticed that HubPages will sometimes link my words to other places here on the site. I've never had a hyperlink lead off of HP, but I've definitely had a few that, if you clicked on it, would take you to a different "topic" or "category".

Try and click the link. If it leads to some obscure website, report it to HubPages.

working