jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How Microsoft products like Word and PowerPoint can be used to help health care

1. javid1985 profile image78
    javid1985posted 4 years ago

How Microsoft products like Word and PowerPoint can be used to help health care professionals.

Communicating with each other virtually - that is to say via the Internet or via email, rather than face to face?

2. kmnfive profile image76
    kmnfiveposted 4 years ago

microsoft is horrible.

any reputable hospital will develop and implement their own proprietary software that fits their needs, instead of bloatware that bogs down the network

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 4 years ago

My answer is complicated; however the solution is not. I do believe Microsoft PowerPoint would be an excellent tool to enhance communication by its nature of visualization of communication. Since our primary sense is vision it makes sense indeed to use a tool that can visually communicate information. Proper PowerPoint creation can accomplish this significantly; however, it is indeed a cumbersome file type and is not ideal for most networks...
    This is an example of a tool/procedure within PowerPoint that can create an enriching visually dominated thematic "intranet" if you will, an ideal method to communicate medical procedures. That is, by creating efficient (more efficient than our web, which requires typing/texting URLs) hyperlinks:
    (1)In a textbox or title, simply type a URL (website address) and 
    (2)Insert a picture and left click on the picture, when the window appears scroll down and
    (3)Highlight a word or words; left click, scroll down,   It is just like Wiki!
    (4)Insert an Action Button:
      (iii) Scroll to the bottom select one action button
      (iv) Click over your slide the Action Settings Window will open;
      (v) Link to any of the many possibilities…
    I cannot begin to communicate all of the possibilities; yet beware of ones who think they know PowerPoint and limit its possible uses...

1. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I cannot edit what I typed; however, it should read,
      (1) Simply type an URL and enter
      (2) Insert a picture; left click on picture; scroll down find Hyperlink
      (3) Highlight words; left click; scroll down, find Hyperlink
      (4) Insert Action Buttons...