jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a valid reason for Microsoft changing its formats and layouts with ever

1. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

Is there a valid reason for Microsoft changing its formats and layouts with every new edition?

If you look at the changes across the last decade of Microsoft Office Word for example, the creators of the Microsoft programs seem to enjoy changing the formats and layouts of their programs too much. It makes it difficult to remember where the tools you are looking for are placed on each program. It is almost as if the creators of Microsoft products have multiple personality disorder. If I buy an updated version of Microsoft Word, etc, I want the tools in the tool boxes to be exactly where they were last time so I so not need to waste personal and corporate time attempting to refamiliarize.

2. madelineyochum profile image60
    madelineyochumposted 5 years ago

I wish I knew the answer! I'd like to know why Facebook does the same thing. As soon as I feel I understand what the heck a "wall" is, or a "news feed," they change the game on me. Maybe they are making more money from it somehow.

Money is usually always the answer.

1. andrew savage profile image59
      andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think Facebook has the potential to make some sort of profit from it, however Windows does not as it is a sure fire way for them to lose their customers. I also dislike whoever is updating their dictionary,

3. Mohammed Katz profile image76
    Mohammed Katzposted 5 years ago

My best guess is that they don't want "the look" of their products to go stale. Just try to imagine windows 8 having the same old interface as windows 95. They have to keep things fresh, trendy and more versatile to suit the current user-base/generation.

4. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

@ Mohammed Katz (because Hubpages is to incompetent to hire someone competent enough to go back and check their formats):
    The idea of changing the location of the tools on a program is as immature as a child playing "hide the car keys from dad."
    If they do not want a product to go stale, they should measure the standard of quality at least twice (second opinions, etcetera) and ensure that the product works for the customer prior to releasing their products to our citizens. Microsoft is a pinnacle of corporate corruption.

The more you buy their products, the further you realize that Microsoft products are as useless and unproductive as putting character limits on a blog box used in the exchange of ideas and feedback.

working