jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Hav eyou used iPage for your website before?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Hav eyou used iPage for your website before?

I just researched it and really liked what I saw, especially with it being a green host, but I cna't figure out how to build my site on there! Any experience?

2. profile image70
    advadjohnposted 4 years ago

I have ipage. Their interface is really simple. You can manage or create your website using the tools they have provided. Or you can create your own website or install your own CMS. If you need server-side scripting, you may have to activate it for once only.

ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm trying to figure out how to create my own website, I'm still learning and tinkering. I enjoy doing so, and a while a go I was going to just build a site with HTML, then when I couldn't get it to work, realized my HTML knowledge was obsolete

2. profile image70
      advadjohnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wordpress is a very user-friendly CMS you can use as your website. You can customize your website in anyway you want without knowing HTML. Anyway building a website from scratch is a good experience and has it's benefits too. good luck

3. CyberFreak profile image78
    CyberFreakposted 4 years ago

I had checked into it for a friend who is not much into websites etc. I actually ordered it for him, and too good the guy was polite, else he could rant or ask me to pay his subscription instead.
    Thing is, there is a catch (or there was a catch when I checked it): The cheapest plan might have all useful stuff you would need, but when it comes to their editor, it only allows a particular number of pages. That means, if you choose it, your site will have a worthless menu of max 3 pages or so. No serious website can be built this way. If you want to have more, you either pay, or create your website with other tools and not their editor.

I will repeat, however, that last time I checked it was a year or so ago. Try check what their editor allows and what not.
    I had complained to their support and they were not even kind to me. What can I do? It was my fault anyway.

The editors it offered were weeble and another one, which offered 6 pages. It was weird considering it offered unlimited memory. I was thinking I might try to use another editor

4. cebutouristspot profile image77
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Never tried it before but now am interested in using it.  Thanks for asking this question it made me look into it.

5. mrblueishmouvesky profile image50
    mrblueishmouveskyposted 4 years ago

I've never tried it, no link? Is it free? I like the sound of it being a green host tho

It's not free, but it's pretty cheap, like $4 at most a month. We just signed on for 24 months for $45.30.

6. toptendeals profile image81
    toptendealsposted 4 years ago

I've used it for three years but then cancelled when my promotional price ran out.  I never really used the site.  I'm thinking if I start back up I'd probably go with hostgator unless anyone reports bad experiences with them.

7. Sue Adams profile image98
    Sue Adamsposted 4 years ago

I have been using iPage for some of my own sites for years and am very happy with it. It works very well for hosting a Wordpress.org (not Wordpress.com) website which is relatively easy to set up with all its freely available theme templates, widgets and pluggins. iPage also have an affiliate program which pays you well when people sign up via your affiliate ID.

working