jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What user-friendly blog-building sites can you recommend for someone first start

1. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 4 years ago

What user-friendly blog-building sites can you recommend for someone first starting out?

I need to build a blog site.  I know many of you have done so recently.  What sites do you recommend for the extremely non-tech saavy writer?  I need something very user friendly (I don't want to have to google the instructions or language) and free to cheap, as far as cost,  while I get started.  I really need your all's help here!

2. billybuc profile image88
    billybucposted 4 years ago

I've always used wordpress....if it's easy enough for me to construct a blog then it's easy enough for anyone. smile

bravewarriorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's where I wanted to go because I like the clean look of your Artistry With Words site.  However, I googled how to start a blog and the instructions they show for WordPress are very intimidating!  It talks about copying, renaming, etc.

3. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

Personally, I think Blogger is much easier than Wordpress for the non tech savvy person. You can start off with a free one, see how you go and if you like it, you can very simply get your own domain name later on down the road.

If I do that, can I take my readers with me?  From what I've read the free sites don't allow that because you don't actually own the blog.

2. Susana S profile image96
      Susana Sposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Blogger has an integrated "buy a domain name" option which is very easy to set up and costs about $10 per year.. https://support.google.com/blogger/trou … 3381?hl=en

4. brblog profile image86
    brblogposted 4 years ago

Both Blogger and Wordpress are good platforms and not that hard to learn. I have used both. You will probably find that Blogger is a little easier but Wordpress is more powerful (has more formatting options, plug-ins, etc.). Blogger is free and Wordpress can be. You can also pay for a stand-alone Wordpress site (hosted site) and that comes with more options and features. Usually, if someone is a beginner and feels any hesitancy about the process, I send them to Blogger. You can try them both and see what works for you. Good luck.

Thanx, I appreciate the advice!

5. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I agree with what most have said. Blogger and Wordpress are the two top choices here. I've never used Wordpress, but I used Blogger and it was fairly easy to use.

Thanx, Thief12.  I appreciate your response.

6. sitebuilders profile image79
    sitebuildersposted 4 years ago

I think Blogger and WP are complicated for newbies. I would recommend using website builders. All you need is to sign up and 'assemble' your web pages step-by-step using their friendly 'drag-and-drop' editors. No coding involved. I have a personal website where I review popular site makers, so I can vouch for these platforms. Besides, they are very cheap.

Some brands: uCoz, Weebly, Wix, Squarespace

Thanx, sitebuilders.  I set my site up in August using Weebly.  BTW, I believe I know you from WeBlogBetter.   You've posted several blogs for Keisha, haven't you?

Closed to reply

working