jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people buy Blackberry phones with all their technical problems?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 4 years ago

Why do people buy Blackberry phones with all their technical problems?

Most common problems include:
    1. continuous memory leaks, 
    2. long boot time of up to ten minutes, 
    3. lose of connection to mobile networks when they become idle even though the signal may be strong,   
    4. endless battery pulls,   
    5. frequent charging of the battery, etc.

2. plusMinus profile image76
    plusMinusposted 4 years ago

There are some causes. I know one of them. I saw one company distributes blackberry to all of the employees for messaging and emailing of their daily job activities, meeting agenda etc. May be it's very easy to do these and so some people may buy this like the corporate hr persons and distribute....

1. ngureco profile image83
      ngurecoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the corporate world has been buying them in thousands for messaging and emailing. Over 200 million blackberry phones have been sold since the first device. Just wondering what makes people pay huge prices for a device with so many defects.

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Oh no. I was about to buy the keyboard Blackberry. One of my techy friends told me his company tested them and they are good. I still want one for business purposes to upgrade from my ancient one.

4. renegadetory profile image99
    renegadetoryposted 4 years ago

I bought a Blackberry not too long ago and I haven't had any of the issues you listed... yet.  All cell phones come with their own problems, some worse than others.  My husband works in IT and has been through several kinds of phones and each had it's own problems.

5. Disappearinghead profile image77
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

I have had colleagues in my last company who were issued with Blackberries, but they weren't impressed. They cornered the business market for some years but others have now caught up. Its ok to have secure email but if the user experience doesn't live up to their own iPhones then.....