jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How to remove pop-up adds that appear on your browser, including Facebook, Youtu

1. David Trujillo profile image86
    David Trujilloposted 4 years ago

How to remove pop-up adds that appear on your browser, including Facebook, Youtube and Google?

These adds appear all over other sites adds. They are your usual kill the roach and put a finger in your nose, But no adware, antivirus or cookie clearing works! Does any one encounter the same issue?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Check to make sure you have the pop-up filter turned on for your internet browser. It won't eliminate all of them, but will stop the largest percent of them. I can't remember how to do it for IE. For Firefox:
    1. Open your browser.
    2. Under "tools" click on "options".
    3. In the box choose the "content" tab.
    4. Make sure the block pop-up box is checked.

No matter what browser you use, you should be able to find a similar way to set the blocker. If it's still not working, make sure your browser has all of the curretn updates.

3. babsomotden profile image60
    babsomotdenposted 4 years ago

I think the best way to do this is to close your browser every time you are through with your online surfing. You can also go to the settings of your browser and do the real setting of 'pop-up adverts' there. Hope this helps.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

If you're getting pop up ads on Google and Facebook, it very well may be a critter. See if anything installed itself into the extensions of your browser. If you've already run all the virus and adware scans, that may be what it is.

1. David Trujillo profile image86
      David Trujilloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have read about this before. But I visited my extensions section and there is nothing that´s not supposed to be there. It also appears on all the other browsers like Firefox and EXplorer. But I had never ever heard of criters before.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
      Georgie Loweryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Critters = viruses or adware. Sometimes when I download a software program or whatever, it will have hidden stuff in it that creeps into my browser - the same things that change your default home page and search engine.

3. David Trujillo profile image86
      David Trujilloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good to know. I cleaned several times my cookies and browsing history. But clearing the cache I think solved the problem. I cleared my browser and computer cache.

working