jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I want to view my website on different mobile phones. How can I do that?

1. profile image55
    soultouchposted 4 years ago

I want to view my website on different mobile phones. How can I do that?

I am developing website using HTML5. I want to test it on different hardware including mobile phones. I do not have windows and android phone. How will I test my app? Are the phone emulators effective?

2. abbasahmed50 profile image61
    abbasahmed50posted 4 years ago

you need responsive designing, search in Google to get more ideas about responsive designing...

3. profile image55
    soultouchposted 4 years ago

My site is responsive. Though sometimes I have found the navigation does not work on iphone.

4. Kris Thomas profile image59
    Kris Thomasposted 4 years ago

What design and development environment are you utilizing? What is the Dynamic Programming Languages you are utilizing as HTML4 HTML5 are still basic and front end languages, what are the guts gonna be PHP? ASP.NET VB? are you going to be utilizing JavaScript? JQuery? which I would assume you would be using some JQuery with that and some form of Dynamic Scripting Language e.g. Server Side Programming that actually handles business where it counts.

I know a lot of people use just and available free software for design however if you utilize Adobe Creative Suite as I do or Adobe Dreamweaver then you already have the tools in that development environment. Especially if you are using the new Dreamweaver CC which I believe is a $20-30 dollar a month software but that is cheap for what it gives you. You have a view for Phones, Tablets, Desktop so that you see how you site you build will look on all different devices and enable you to make changes on the fly.

However, unless you are using a design suite of this magnitude e.g. PROFESSIONAL level software you are gonna be hard pressed. If this is something you intend on doing for a living or intend on pursuing a career in well then Software is one of the biggest factors and best friends your gonna have especially on larger scale projects.

1. profile image55
      soultouchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am using JQuery and mojoportal as CMS which is based on ASP.NET.
      I am not a designer but a developer smile and learning design skills. I would surely learn more about the Dreamweaver. My still worry is do I really need real phones/devices to test?

2. Kris Thomas profile image59
      Kris Thomasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@ soultouch Ok, well since you know ASP.NET e.g. your dynamic language then you would probably want Visual Web Developer however if you can write code then Dreamweaver is a good choice to as it handles that as well.

working