jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people buy mobile phones if they are just going to turn them off?

1. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 7 years ago

Why do people buy mobile phones if they are just going to turn them off?

This was asked me by a woman who sits on a wall I pass on my way to town.  She doesn't have a computer of her own, but seems thrilled to know I'm asking on her behalf.  So please answer and I will give out a photocopy in due course.  Thanks.

2. Ancillotti profile image59
    Ancillottiposted 7 years ago

Shop by consumerism, by the multiple functions. To relax, to be fashionable.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I live in a remote area-- mostly only use it when traveling, and have it for emergencies.
    Also, my sons have phones and I know they can call me without incurring charges  (no excuse).
    I do turn mine off most of the time when I am home, but I can still retrieve messages that are sent to me.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I have a mobile phone, I never turn it on, except if I need to use it, to, say, tell my wife that I'll be late, phone a repair man if the car breaks down when I'm out driving.  As soon as you turn on your phone, you are accessible, I don't want people phoning me, except friends and family, and they all have my home number.

5. harrywellskin profile image61
    harrywellskinposted 7 years ago

Mobile phone gives you the opportunity to become more accessible anywhere you may be.

Closed to reply

working