jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is taskhostex.exe?

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

What is taskhostex.exe?

Is this anything to be concerned with or is it just a normal program on the computer?  Thank you for answering.

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
    RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years ago

You need it as a program file that goes with your operating system. Is it kicking out as an error?
    If so you can check it here:
    http://windowstechies.com/support/specific-exe
    and it will tell you how to fix it with Microsoft's free program.

If this is something you just noticed and it is kicking out when you use certain programs, I strongly urge you to run malwarebytes.org - for malware and make sure it is not a hitch hiker program file you picked up when you downloaded another app.  Sometimes when you delete a lot of stuff,, this will stay behind. This is from their page:

taskhost exe problems occur when important operating system files become misconfigured, deleted, or damaged. This is a common problem with computers that don’t get maintained regularly. Eventually the system becomes overloaded with problems and begins to crash and display errors. You may also notice your system becoming very slow due to high CPU and memory usage.

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this is something that is just now kicking out. Thank you for answering!  Can I run a Norton System scan which I believe has malware protection included? I certainly do not want any hitch hikers!

2. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can try the Norton and see if it shows up in the log, but malwarebytes.org will kick it if it is malware bec it only kicks malware.  The link I gave you has a fix too, but I'd use what you have rather downloading an unknown something else.

3. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I am sorry but I did not see what you added about becoming slow but it has been also saying high CPU and memory usage too. So I did delete a lot of old email?

working