jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a blog?

1. MercCipher profile image59
    MercCipherposted 3 years ago

What is a blog?

What would you define as a blog? Personal? Informative? Entertaining? What would you consider a modern day successful blog? Imagine yourself writing your own blog on a platform such as Blogger. What would you write about?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

You can use this as a diary of everyday events and your opinions and reactions to those events.  You can use it to write essays on subjects that interest you.  You can critique books or movies.  You can use is as a platform to push your viewpoints.   Moreover, you can have it as a sort of one-way broadcast, or you can open it up so that others can read what you've said and comment on your comments.  In a way it is very much like these Hubpages Question area.  You can write or post just about anything you like.

3. profile image0
    jonaiveposted 3 years ago

For me, a blog is a personal online journal. It doesn't really have to be informative. It just has to be able to bring out what the writer wants to convey. If I had a blog, I'd write about myself, of course. Reviews of books and movies may also be a topic for my blog.

4. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

Blog can be personal, informative and entertaining too. If one wants to preserve his or her life events then you can start with MyEveryMinuteDiary which can be converted into autobiography or biography at a later stage if you become a celebrity. One can share life experiences even with the public. If you are already a celebrity that you can write your success story as to how you achieved the success by trying again and again as we learn from the short story King Bruce and the Spider. If you want to be a modern blogger then your writings need to be spicy with added chilly in the shape of breaking news for your readers and audiences. If still any doubt then asking questions and that too getting rewarded for asking questions from senior citizens - webquestionanswers is the upcoming platform for writing your own blog on subdomain of your own choice.

5. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

To me, a blog is something informative for readers so they learn from it, interesting enough that they will return, and entertaining for visitors because it is creative and different, and visually appealing.

To bring visitors back, you must keep your blog interesting and fresh, with new information posted frequently or at least periodically. I created a blog a couple years ago and it's all about eLearning, computers and technology because it's something I love to write about and I enjoy writing instructional articles to help others on technology topics.

I think in order to have a successful blog, you have to write about something to have a passion for, and something you love to read about yourself.

Good luck with blogging!