jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do technology have any effect in modern society?

1. kayange kevin profile image61
    kayange kevinposted 3 years ago

Do technology have any effect in modern society?

2. poppyr profile image97
    poppyrposted 3 years ago

Of course.  Society is run by technology, especially in first-world countries.  Think about it - our phone or alarm clock gets us up in the morning, we turn on the electric light, get breakfast from our electrically cooled fridge, drive to work in our car, go up the building in an elevator.  Technology runs modern society.  The world wouldn't be what it is today without technology.

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image78
    LeslieAdrienneposted 3 years ago

It always has and it always will....a real definition of technology will show you that anything introduced into a society that makes "life a little easier" IS technology.

4. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Yes, technology have a lot of positive and negative effects in modern society. While technology makes life easier on the positive side it also separates people from reality. Like the mobile phones, people use to get together and enjoy eating a meal and chatting without the disturbance of a mobile phone. Nowadays, you can't even enjoy a get together meal with friends without interruption from a call or a text from a mobile phone. People don't seem to talk face to face nowadays, there is always Facebook, Twitter and other social medias where there is a quick chat when people want to chat. On the other hand, I do like chatting on Facebook with my family who are far away from me, so I can't really say that technology is that bad. It has bad effect and good effect. It depends on how people use it.

5. BumblelyBee profile image80
    BumblelyBeeposted 3 years ago

I think social media and technology such as smart phones has both drawn us all together in one big network and pushed us further appart. We can connect with each other easily, share our ideas, what we had for breakfast, that photo of a dog who wore a hat but at the same time some people use it instead of human interaction which makes humans all a bit more distant from each other. We know everything about what someone wants us to know but maybe we don't truely know them for who they really are at all. At the same time its easier to stay in touch with old friends.

working