jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Would someone write a hub on hybrid RVs and energy conserving motorhomes, etc.?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

Would someone write a hub on hybrid RVs and energy conserving motorhomes, etc.?

We have lived in a 5th Wheel Recreational Vehicle for 7 years.  We keep it parked in the OC in California.  We don't have a truck and don't want one for environmental reasons. We take our Toyota on trips. (We're of the 70s environmental hippie mindset).  Also, we don't feel comfortable with our ability to drive such a big rig.  We'd like to get a Class C or a small motor home so we can be more mobile, but environmental concerns hold us back. How close  is technology to coming up with affordable motor homes? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11771191_f260.jpg

2. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

Affordable motor homes? Pfft, you might still be waiting for a few decades at best.

You can get the cleanest, most environmentally friendly motor home ever made right now, provided you rob a bank to pay for it.

Billie Kelpinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

that's what I've been seeing.  Drats!  Thanks Link.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11777509_f260.jpg

Although we don't own a RV and I'm not that interested in writing a hub on this topic I will offer my opinion. I would invest in the off-road urban escape trailer manufactured by an Australian company called Conqueror. The model I would look into is their export Commander -S. It can be had for just under 50 gs and will take you anywhere. It is chalk full of green technology and self efficient sufficiency... Although it seems small it's design is so amazing it will suffice for very comfortable living and your playground expands since you can park it anywhere. No need for paved roads...

Connorj, VERY Interesting.  I'm going to check that out.  From the picture it appears as if it utilizes the ultimate in space saving techniques.  Fascinating.

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed, and it comes with all the comforts and a most comfortable over-sized bed... Go to their website to see interior shots and video...

3. Billie Kelpin profile image88

My settings must be too secure because I keep getting "this video is private" for each video they have up there.  I'll get to it though.  Lots and lots of projects on my plate today smile

working