jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think that robots would take over human jobs in the future?

1. profile image57
    tonytochimposted 3 years ago

Do you think that robots would take over human jobs in the future?

2. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

I don't think that robots would take over human jobs in the future. At least not most of them. Employees are consumers. They make money and use that money to buy things. For the economy to work you need supply and demand. Robots taking over human jobs would take away the demand. You can't replace humans unless we stop using money and people get things for free.

I guess robots could be programmed to want things. They could get paid and buy things. However there is no way we would just let them take all the human jobs.

3. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

If we had robots doing human jobs we would need humans to build all the robots. Even if we had robots that build robots we would need humans to build those robots.

Also, what mikejhca said would apply.

4. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

If you have ever been in any type of factory setting, you will notice robots have taken many jobs away from humans.  Most computerized automated machines will take the place of several workers. These machines are run with robotic arms and  operate cheaper than doing the same job with other methods that require manpower. Downsizing often results from it and I can tell you I was a victim to downsizing about twelve years ago as new technology took out half our work force.

5. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11833665_f260.jpg

Not to alarm anyone; however, it is already happening in many areas. Yes indeed, our assembly lines are becoming more technology centered and less bipeds are used. Our harvesting is more mechanized, more machine centered and requires significantly less "man" power. There are even some experimental vehicles navigating our roads without humans. The progression from 100% face to face classes in K through 20 is gone. The majority of class delivery now is via some form of e-learning; excepting K through 12. The leap from e-course delivery to completely mechanized learning is not a quantum leap it is one small step for Mankind and one giant leap forward for the Machines.
    Sincerely,
    John Connor

6. danicole profile image80
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Yes I do think that robots would take over human jobs in the future (not all jobs but most). Once major business/franchise owners get tired of shelling out cents to foreign workers and outsourcing they are probably gonna invest in robots that they don't have to pay and program them to do menial jobs).
    Technology has experienced a big boom in recent years. Its not only possible but logical. Human nature advances. I heard there are already robots performing knee surgery (it's called The MAKOplasty® Procedure). Technology is getting smarter and more intuitive.

7. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

Some, but not all. Humans are cheap. Robots are expensive. I don't see that changing in the near future.

8. daxamite profile image83
    daxamiteposted 3 years ago

Like others I would say some but not all. Some things are simply not cost effective enough to replace with a robot. A human burger flipper can move quickly and between a lot of jobs for little pay. Doesn't make sense to build a robot to replace.

On the other side, a unique creative perspective can be emulated but not truly duplicated by a robot. However, when there are a number of unique perspectives, it is not cost effective to build robots around each. Better to pay the individual artist to produce whatever is on their mind.

9. RobotStop profile image39
    RobotStopposted 2 years ago

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

10. livetech profile image67
    livetechposted 2 years ago

I'd imagine that robots are always going to need some kind of human assistance, especially in maintenance and repair. I also believe that robots will need continually developing and improving - all of which are down to the actions of us humans. I have recently written a hub about the future of robots, with the likes of caregiving robots and even robot pets. There is a discussion brewing there if you're interested!

"Not just for fun, but for necessity. If it works, embrace it, enjoy it, learn from it and expand on them".

working