jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My hp laptop cannot read any CD,at the same time windows 7 cannot eject cd rom.p

1. Sammy Muga profile image60
    Sammy Mugaposted 3 years ago

My hp laptop cannot read any CD,at the same time windows 7 cannot eject cd rom.please assist.

2. dandelionweeds profile image80
    dandelionweedsposted 3 years ago

Hi, I'm not sure about why it isn't reading the cd, but to get the dc out there is a tiny little hole by the button you can stick a paper clip in there and it will open the tray.
    You might want to try going into control panel and clicking on autoplay in drives.

Sammy Mugaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

thanks alot for that ...but its TRUE that it doesn't recognize any cd.

3. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12225232_f260.jpg

If you can hear the sound of the CD rotating then it probably isn't the physical connection.

Once you get it opened as suggested by dandelionweeds then take an ear bud and dip it in some aftershave or perfume and clean the lens (that round clear plastic thing) as shown in the pic. This usually fixes it... just make sure you let the lens dry for about 2-5 mins and don't use too much pressure.

If you are trying to read writable CD's and have a CD player (not DVD) then you will have to check if your CD player can read the +R or -R cd's ... some players cannot read both. Same applied for DVD+R and DVD-R.

Sammy Mugaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks very much

working