What is the hype with facebook?

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

What is the hype with facebook?

What makes people spend hours hours updating everyone on step by step of day

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12686752_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12686901_f260.jpg

"Social Media" in general is about giving individuals a "world wide presence". Initially it was about connecting with friends and family members via messages and photos who may have lived a great distance away.
    It soon became a race for many to see who could get the most "friends". Businesses realized that if they got you to "Like" them it would show up on your page reaching potential customers.(Your "friends" & family). Social media is about advertising.
    Not long ago comedian Kevin Hart who has 14.8 million Twitter followers was paid ($2 Million) by Sony Pictures to send a tweet out recommending his followers go see a particular movie.
    Lots of people have set up YouTube pages and are receiving money from advertisers based upon how popular their video channel is.
    Younger generations have gotten away from having "face to face" conversations and even phone conversations.
    They prefer to text back and forth, post their photos on Instagram and antidotes (they) find funny even if they're sitting together!
    I just came back from vacation a few weeks ago and I never saw so many "selfie sticks" in my life. Back in the day you'd ask a stranger if they'd take a photo of you and mate or family!
    Social media has actually made us less social!
    You see couples on dates where both are looking at their phones.
    On the one hand people are "oversharing" and yet they're spending less time with one another. Stupid criminals have posted their crimes on Facebook along with employees posting photos of them using drugs
    Being able to reach the masses (instantly) with a simple posting from your cell phone or laptop is a drug for some people.

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you you have described how i feel,i think it has become so overdone and out of control.

working