jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are the most obnoxious or idiotic responses you've had to articles publish

1. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 24 months ago

What are the most obnoxious or idiotic responses you've had to articles  published on social media?

Whether it's someone pointing out a grammar mistake -- that they actually get wrong -- or some bizarre comment from a crank, there have been several comments that have left me laughing or shaking my head. What are some comments you've found annoying or dumb? Please share.

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 24 months ago

I've had people ask about inventions that do impossible things.
    And many post totally unrelated link spam in the comments of articles.

Dean Traylorposted 24 months agoin reply to this

By any chance was it a perpetual running machine? I had one post this to an article not even closely related to this topic. This called everyone an idiot and moron for not believing him.

3. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 22 months ago

Of all the wacky beliefs out there, I never thought anyone would take a hub on a debunked Internet Antarctic pyramid myth seriously enough to actually challenge its authenticity. Two readers, however, did just that. Both claimed that my stance was nothing more than an opinion and that all my sources came from websites, therefore invalidating (and totally missing the point) my argument that the source for this Internet myth were extremely questionable.
    I can't speak for one person known as "Just Wonderin" this was a guest reader and there was not much for me to go on. However, the second person signed up for Hubpage as Angell Iman. Angell also included a picture of himself that came from his Facebook account. That's a lot to go through just to comment on my article (he signed-up for Hubpage for the soul purpose of critiquing me...wonderful).
    Anyway, of the two he had the most disparaging comments: He attempted (in the most humorous way possible) to lecture me about good journalism, in part he read my bio, which stated I had a background in journalism (he didn't bother to realize I stated "former" journalist). He tried to task me for stating that one of the photos was photoshopped (no, I stated that one looked suspiciously photoshopped and also stated that it the "pyramid" may have been snow and ice plowed from a airstrip or somewhere else). Then, he claimed I can't debunk the pyramids because I didn't mount an expedition to see it for myself and make a documentary of it (again, he misunderstood that I was focusing on the poorly written and extremely vague Internet article, as well as the questionable news outlets that published it).
    As mentioned, Angell made the mistake of giving me a name and photo to search the web, thus with a little journalist flare I discovered his Facebook page...guess what? He's a true believer of all things paranormal including UFOs and pyramids. He also follows a bizarre Nation of Islam splinter group. Wow! He complained I used websites to debunk the myth, but he appears to have questionable websites and Youtube to support his belief in the paranormal...hypocrite comes to mind.

Dean Traylorposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Recently the article went viral...and l lot of conspiracy and pseudo-science believers came out of the woodwork...the response? Oh boy, we have a lot of cranks out there! I think I'll invest in tinfoil.

Closed to reply