Will A. I. Outsmart the Human? Are we at risk?
At present robotics is been used in most areas of the world. My main concern is the "Self-learning" robots. Just like in the movie series "Terminator" will our human race be taken over by Artificial Intelligence. Nowadays most robots can be programmed to talk and act like humans. These robots might gain the upper hand by being more smarter than their inventor. If any situation like this happens in the future are we ready to face it?
We still operate with the same primitive binary or magnetic on/off system we have used for half a century. Functionally it is no different than a machine with relays: They are just smaller. All our improvements are restricted to better coding and quartz slicing for complexity and speed. The speed is needed to compensate for our primitive system of tiny relays which is exceedingly inefficient. Only living matter can process cognitively and I do not believe man will survive long enough to generate living matter.
So I would not worry about it.
The cloud based AI poses no threat unless:
* we give it the ability to control its decision making process and it has the ability to decide it should kill someone / a lot of people
* we give it control of anything important
* we give it a physical body it can use to damage anyone or anything of importance like a power pole or car
So for a Terminator scenario to happen, it has to have both the idea that people need to be killed and the ability to do so. This is why we shouldn't let AIs self-direct their development and not give them control over anything important.
I've written hubs on "why AI will think like us". And the real reason any AI may be responsible for mass deaths is when the programming is set by the same people who rationed care in HMOs to save money and environmentalists who consider people pollution and of low value. So you won't see AIs committing mass murder unless under the military, but if we use some of the same logic many liberals have, you will get:
* the software system that told a woman in the Pacific Northwest it won't treat her late stage cancer, then sent her info on euthanasia - but such processes would be coordinated and deliberate, not accidental
* an AI that says the cheapest way to cure the pandemic is kill the infected, and if refused by a human, just quarantine everyone with placebos and burn the bodies
* a system that assigns all people a value and starts denying medical care and sterilizing those that don't meet the state's standards; when liberals call all conservatives crazy and a major political pundit sells several million of a book that "liberalism is a mental disorder", you'd easily see your political or ethnic identity flagged as bad, then you're subject to mandatory sterilization, lower tier healthcare, but you can't see the records, challenge the decision and may not even know the pills you are getting are to sedate your or ease the pain of the condition they won't treat because they want you do die sooner
Yes, I write horror and sci-fi - but I also have an engineering degree and a decade of experience in IT.
by Prodio 4 years ago
Some people might think that the engineering involved in the creation of the human body is quite basic and primitive. Well, I must ask: Has anyone ever created a biologically functioning human body from scratch? Because if anyone wants to create a perfect human body - then he/she must have the...
by vegasmisha 10 months ago
Should we be worried about Artificial Intelligence robots exceeding human intelligence?According to Hanson Robotics the creators of AI lifelike robots, within 3 to 5 years, robots will reach singularity where they will become as smart as humans and then surpass human intelligence, reaching Godlike...
by Hui (蕙) 4 years ago
From the knowledge-picture (originally shared by 'Did you know' on google+), we can see the job of archaeologists and paleontologists, to find out how present humans have evolved from nothing, and obtained such power. Then we know poverty for humans is always there, not human-made as some people...
by Tony 2 years ago
Do you think that robots would take over human jobs in the future?
by mamun bappa 3 years ago
Do you think a robot will not be work as a human?
by pisean282311 7 years ago
well came across many websites which believe and promote that jesus christ was alien...just look at following : The U.S. Government's "Red Book" is an Above Top Secret document that details the TRUE history of the Human race on planet Earth. It is a human...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|