jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

Hostgator down?

1. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

All my hostgator sites stopped responding. Their support system does not load either...

1. waynet profile image78
      waynetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mines alright! I know they changed the control panel awhile back with an upgrade, but I don't know, they guarantee uptime, so you may want to ask for a discount when it does come back online....

2. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

mine is working too. Try clearing your cache and log in again.

2. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Did you check yours now?

Here is their twitter:

Currently ongoing a network outage with our datacenter (ThePlanet). We will update as we receive additional information.

ohh...

1. waynet profile image78
      waynetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I double checked...must be certain er thingymajigs...I'm not helping am I?

Hope it comes back!

1. Misha profile image78
        Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Wayne, I hope they won't let it sit there for too long. Glad this did not affect you or Richard, but looks like you are among the very few LOL...

3. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Thank you Richard, but this is a bit more serious LOL

Their latest twit:

Currently all servers hosted at theplanet are down. This includes our chat and ticket servers. We will keep u posted

4. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

Does it include MT and F&D? I was logged in perfectly till half hour back (everything was working fine all morning) but now can't log in back...

1. Misha profile image78
      Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yep, sorry about that sad

5. BDazzler profile image81
    BDazzlerposted 7 years ago

Thank you Misha, I've been going bonkers trying to figure this out. It is impacting my leased server as well.

I decided to take a break and check hub pages.

Thanks again!

6. BDazzler profile image81
    BDazzlerposted 7 years ago

Evidently there is a major issue with an internal router at ThePlanet's network.  Failure reports started coming in about midnight or so last night.

7. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Sure David, you are welcome.

My sites there are starting to come back to live though, so may be it is over smile

1. BDazzler profile image81
      BDazzlerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it looks like it's back! Yay!

(I was afraid I forgot to pay my bill!)

8. profile image46
    virtualstoreposted 7 years ago

Check that they posted latest tweet.

TP has made some adjustments, chat/tickets are back online from main office. ^BF

9. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 7 years ago

My HostGator Sites are up and running fine.

Thanks for the heads up!

katiem2

10. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

OK, I admit it.  It's all my fault.

I signed up and transferred all my sites to Hostgator yesterday. 

Go figure, I never had one day's outage on my old host! What have I got myself into?

1. BDazzler profile image81
      BDazzlerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've been with Hostgator for years now, this is the first time something like this has happened ...

Here I was afraid it was MY fault, I was having a conversation with one of my business partners and he asked me, "how vulnerable are we?" And I said, "Hostgator's awesome, they have multiple redundancies etc. etc. etc."

It started going down within 5 minutes of that conversation.  Of course it was back up within 12 hours (a LONG time, to be sure, but as I was reading what the problem was, it really was a fluke.)

Anyway, I'm glad it was your fault and not mine! I'll tell my business partner! LOL!

11. MikeNV profile image81
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

HostGator has several locations and hundredes if not thousands of servers.  Each day there are problems with some of the servers.  Each day you run a risk of being "down".  It's a numbers game.  I use HostGator for some sites, but I'm not a fan.  Rochen is a better host and doesn't cost more.

1. sunforged profile image74
      sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

HG has over 6000 servers - but they dont own a single one of them, they lease through the planet.

THePlanet was down on the day in question due to failures in their Houston DataCenter - the problem was much larger then a few HG servers.

...the risk is much lower than most w/ HG and the planet

maybe Rochen doesnt cost more if you only had a few sites (less than 3!) but just to have 5 domains hosted you would be paying 25/month.

There really is no comparison between the two - you must be unfamiliar with what the two offer at what prices

they do get a thumbs up for high-class hd's!

but you pay more for them

working