jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Google May Day - New Algorithms

1. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 7 years ago

Is anyone experiencing a dramatic change in SERP?  I had over 400 page one ranks with various competitive key words (4 word phrases)and they have disappeared from Google.  This happened in the last week of March as well and it took two weeks for ranking to stabilize.

2. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

My traffic is down and didn't have a clue why, so i thought I'd take a look at what you're talking about and googled "google may day". Came up with these:

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboard-f … ns-for-you

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4125460.htm

Looks like google has changed their algorithm. I'm going to focus on backlinking my hubs and adding a few outbound links to high authority sites and see how that pans out.

1. fdoleac profile image60
      fdoleacposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We are doing the same - for now.  Our other option is to convert back from a directory site to stand alone sites.

3. sabrebIade profile image48
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Will Google ever stop changing their freakin' algorithms?
    They kicked the crap outta my blogs back in June/July of last year and I still haven't recovered!

4. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

GGGrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

5. IzzyM profile image90
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

Am I the only one something changed for the better for? My blog went from being unranked to Pagerank 1, which I thought was pretty neat but I've no idea why.

1. michifus profile image81
      michifusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same with me - I benefited from this. It seems like Google is rewarding quality Izzy smile

What are you doing up at this late hour?

2. Healthy Living Is profile image67
      Healthy Living Isposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wish it was me

3. Susana S profile image96
      Susana Sposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My understanding is that google updates pageranks about every 3 months. It is great that your blogs PR has increased! From what I've read this particular change is hitting pages focused on long tail keywords which is a killer sad Need to do some detective work, lol.

6. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

*bump*

7. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 7 years ago

I am also experiencing a shift in consumer activity.  Unless you are in the top 4 or 5 spots, page one SERP doesn't matter much anymore.

working