jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Same color for all your sites, bad?

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I recently bought a great new wordpress theme that is in magazine style and I love the look. It comes with 5 different color schemes.

The default color is a nice bright blue which I love. It's easy on the eyes, happy and gets people in the mood to buy! smile

I love it so much I want to use the same theme on all my sites, using the same blue color. Frankly it just looks better than the ones I use now.

Yet I feel strange using the same theme and color on every site I have, even if it does look better on them all.

Is it "wrong" somehow to use the same color and theme every time? Any downside to doing this? hmm

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Unless it looks or feels strange to YOU, how is it going to matter? I mean, how a visitor to your website 1 is going to know that you have websites 2,3 and 4 in the same color and theme?

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

True, nobody but me should know what the others look like. Plus I would get very good at tweaking that theme and color.

Yet I suppose some don't like blue and might get turned off by the style. So having a mix of theme styles and colors might be better.

But I really like this one! smile smile

1. SiddSingh profile image60
        SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So do I! smile

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

No downside that I can think of, especially if you have changed all the meta data in the template code.  Adding an original header and footer would benefit you also.

If your sites are getting traffic, why don't you place a short poll on them to ask your visitors about their experience on your site so you can make improvements.  It's a good way to interact and keep them on page longer.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice. Yes my headers will be different and I put my own summary text in the footers. I will make each one a bit different, just keeping the same theme style and color. Thanks. smile

4. Edwin Chan profile image60
    Edwin Chanposted 6 years ago

Go for the colors you like best. After all, you paid for the theme and they are your own sites. As long as you mix up the headers a little and like you said, make each a little different, it's absolutely fine.

working