jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

By-passing Google,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Since so many are talking about Google smacking hubpages, I thought I'd share an obvious yet little used way to bring traffic to your websites.

Yes I mean websites, as it can't do much for hubs. So many get backlinks for the ranking; in fact that is all they think about.

Yet if you do it right you can get most of your traffic from links, not Google or any other SE's. smile

It's nice to not depend on Google for all your traffic. So many talk about not bothering with no-follow links. Yet you could get thousands of hits a day to your site with those from the direct traffic.

I have a site that gets over 2,000 unique hits a day all from links. They also are highly targeted traffic to my niche.

Exchange links from other niche sites that put your link on the front page or at least not buried in a link page.

Join niche forums and be helpful, not spammy, but put a link in your signature.

Buy banners from other sites in your niche, get listed in paid local directories, use free merchant directories.

There's a dozen other ways. Stop looking at backlinks as only ways to increase your rank and instead use them for the traffic itself.

Think of back in the old days before the net. How did places get traffic? By getting their place noticed in books, the yellow pages, buying ads in newspapers and so on.

Do the same on the net and don't worry so much about the big G. smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image76
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good advice.

I have my own plan I'm going to execute in the near future. It involves video, see how that works out. I feel it is going to be a great untapped niche.

1. Bill Manning profile image71
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah that's another great way to get traffic, make youtube videos. I get thousands of hits a month from my videos. smile

2. recommend1 profile image65
      recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Clearly the way to go - well laid out argument.  Can you give a bit more information on how these links are connected ?

For Hubbers I have a new hub that may help with the climb back up the rankings in some ways.

2. Bronson_Hub profile image59
    Bronson_Hubposted 6 years ago

I like where you're going with this.  You're one of the smart mouses from "Who Moved My Cheese". I can tell tongue

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Know of any good free video editing software?

YES, I really was wondering this myself. This is exactly what I need to know, any experts?

@bill are you also apart of the partnership program over there? I'm trying to get a feel for it.

2. Richieb799 profile image60
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ive written about loads

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Richie, I'll have a look tomorrow:)

2. Mikeydoes profile image76

you a youtube partner yet? wondering how it is

4. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Well there is always Windows movie maker:
    movie maker

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that smile