jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

A question about firefox

1. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

I've installed Firefox and am slowly learning how to use it.So far I love it but I have two questions I can't find the answers too.I used the Favorites feature on IE 8 allot,Cant figure out where that is in Firefox.Also,is it possible to adjust the zoom feature to smaller increments?Explorer was much smoother when zooming in and out.Help!smile

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dean!
      Welcome to web 2.0.
      The Favorites in Firefox are "Bookmarks".
      You can add folders for favorites or add them under the "Bookmarks Toolbar" so you will see them, just below the address bar.

You could also click View >> Sidebar and it will show you a list of all your folders/favorites.
      For Zoom, goto: View > Zoom.
      You can zoom the page or just the text.
      Hope it helps.

smile
      James.

2. profile image54
    stevenfrank38posted 6 years ago

I think you have got your answer. Not that???...@Cheaotrick

3. cheaptrick profile image73

At the risk...certainty of looking dumb,Can I bookmark web sites as well.That's what I used favorites for so I could go to other sites with a click rather than typing.James?...are you there...

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Cheaptrick, when you bookmark something in Firefox, it is no different than the "favorites" of IE. It creates a embedded link within your browser, so you can have one click access.

Favorites = Bookmarks, as James said.

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...you rang? ha-ha.

Sure, to bookmark any web-page, click the "icon" on the left of the address bar, drag and drop it onto the Bookmark Bar below. If the page has a long name, you can edit the bookmark title
      Bookmarks >> Organize Bookmarks >> (left pane) Bookmarks Toolbar.

Highlight the bookmark to edit, edit below and just close the window, it will save the new name automatically.

smile
      James

4. cheaptrick profile image73

To cool!Thanks!
    Dean

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A quicker way to bookmark is to click on the star at the far right end of the address bar. Yellow stars are Bookmarks.

Then you can later organize your bookmarks in the Library (click Bookmarks>  Show All Bookmarks> click Unorganized Bookmarks> right click to Edit)

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

zoom in |   ctrl and + (plus)
    zoom out |  ctrl and - (minus)

reset back to normal view | ctrl and 0

working