This is your purview and I love what you are doing here.
So, I have a question - Is this not the best Rock and Roll song ever?
If not, what is a better song?
It's definitely one of them. I play a lot of Stones if I'm in bars and that is the one that the die-hard fans really appreciate. If it's Zeppelin, then the fans want, "Hey Hey What Can I Do?".
Best of all-time? Who knows?
People have ranked 'Satisfaction" # 1 in the past.
Some people still say Stairway to Heaven. Back in Black? Crazy Train?
For me personally....
La Grange by ZZ TOP
Sultans of Swing by DIRE STRAITS
Every Breath You Take by THE POLICE
Runnin' With The Devil by VAN HALEN
If we switch the van halen one for the stones, I am with DJ.
There are so many. How about adding -
Born to be wild
I can see for miles and miles
And one you don't hear much of now -
Free electric band
Hundreds of em. A few of my favorites:
Don't Try to Lay No Boogie Woogie on the King of Rock and Roll Long - John Baldry.
Let Me Sleep on It - Meat Loaf.
Sunset Grill Don - Henley.
Welcome to the Boomtown - David & David.
One of Our Submarines - Thomas Dolby.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who even heard od David & David. Great posts.
Personally, I think the bridge of Every Breath You Take is my favorite all-time.
Since you've gone, I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only here your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep cryin' baby baby please...
It absolutely breaks my heart every time I hear it.
And it's not the words it's the aching way he sings it.
It's a painful longing I've never known in life, thank goodness.
People treat this like a stalker tune but I really think it's about ultimate heartache.
LA GRANGE is my choice though. Nothing rocks like that jam. You hear the drawl of the voice and you just know that the sweet drum roll is coming.....and then donnonna nonna nonna
Here You Go Mark!
Rolling Stone's 100 Best Guitar songs of all-time released this week!!
100) Vicarious - TOOL
99) Run Thru - My Morning Jacket
98) Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
97) No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
96) New Day Rising - Husker Du
95) Omaha - Moby Grape
94) Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
93) Only Shallow - My Bloody Valentine
92) Memo From Turner - Mick Jagger
91) Drunkship of Lanterns - The Mars Volta
give you guys a chance to respond.
90) How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
89) I Love Rock-n-Roll - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
88) Mona - Quicksilver Messenger Service
87) Red - King Crimson
86) I Ain't Superstitious - Jeff Beck
85) You Enjoy Myself - Phish
84) Gravity - John Mayer
83) What I Got - Sublime (Featured in the Who Am I thread!)
82) Wlak - Don't Run - The Ventures
81) Beat It - Michael Jackson (Eddie VH)
80) Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan
79) Sliver Rocket - Sonic Youth
78) Stone Crazy - Buddy Guy
77) Even Flow - Pearl Jam
76) American Girl - Tom Petty & HBs
75) Willie The Pimp - Frank Zappa
74) La Grange - ZZ Top (Shows what I know?)
73) Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer
72) Say It Ain't So - Weezer
71) Take It or Leave It - The Strokes
Brief pause for Station Identification..
70) Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
69) Money - Pink Floyd
68) The Thrill Is Gone - BB KIng
67) Adam Raised a Cain - Bruce Springsteen
66) Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
65) Message In a Bottle - The Police
64) Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
63) Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses
62) Born Under a Bad Sign - Albert King
61) Soul Man - Sam and Dave
Thinking about Belushi now...
60) Maggot Brain - Funkadelic (can't forget the funk)
59) Freeway Jam - Jeff Beck
58) Rumble - Link Wray
57) Dark Star - Grateful Dead
56) Eight Miles High - The Byrds
55) White Room - Cream
54) Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughan
53) Born On The Bayou - CCR
52) My Iron Lung - Radiohead
51) Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
-talk amongst ya'selves-
50) Debaser - The Pixies
49) Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix
48) London calling - The Clash
47) Panama - Van Halen
46) Miserlou - Dick Dale and the Del-Tones (Pulp Fiction Theme)
45) I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
44) Dig Me Out - Sleater-Kinney
43) Holidays in the Sun - The Sex Pistols
42) Hideaway - John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
41) Marquee Moon - Television
~Now I'm thinkin about CBGB's~
40) I Can See For Miles - The Who
39) Black Magic Woman - Santana
38) Stay With Me - The Faces
37) That's All Right - Elvis Presley
36) Interstellar Overdrive - Pink Floyd
35) 1969 - Iggy & The Stooges
34) Walk This Way - Aerosmith
33) Master of Puppets - Metallica
32) Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits (another Funktual pick)
31) Keep Yourself Alive - Queen
- I sense Big Riffs on the horizon.
30) (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley and his Comets
29) Back In Black - AC/DC
28) Where The Streets Have No Name - U2 (Funktual's pick for #1 song of the 80s btw)
27) Look Over Yonders Wall - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
26) How Blue Can You Get? - BB King
25) Can't You Hear Me Knocking - The Rolling Stones (song that started the thread)
24) Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
23) Over Under Sideways Down - The Yardbirds
22) A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles
21) Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Now we're getting somewhere...
20) People Get Ready - The Impressions (GO CURTIS MAYFIELD!!!!!)
19) Purple Rain - Prince (GO FUNK MASTER!!!!!)
18) Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones (Oy Oh Let's GO!)
17) Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
16) Cowgirl in the Sand - Neil Young with Crazy Horse
15) My Generation - THE WHO
14) Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
13) Layla - Derek and The Dominoes
12) Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - JIMI Hendrix Experience
11) Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
My Q: (Where's Moby Dick?)
10) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
9) Statesboro Blues - The Allman Brothers
8) Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
7) While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
6) Eruption - Van Halen
5) Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
4) You Really Got Me - The Kinks
3) Crossroads - Cream
2) Purple Haze - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
and NUMBER ONE IS.......
Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
enjoy and discuss
I just saved you $4.50
http://hubpages.com/hub/Hub-Central-Sta … Music-Hubs
To pay me back not just with HubLove but YOUR Favs follow this link and you can post your favorite music hubs from all over hubpages.com.
You are now officially insane in my book.
In honor of the occasion, I will write about you on my blog (again) lol
Exceeding expectations is all a DJ can do in the age of the self-mixing iPod.
I've just opened a New Game you might like Mark called What's That Song?
I would make no pretense that my top songs are actually the greatest of all time....they're just mine.
5) Gypsies in the Palace - Jimmy Buffett
4) Taking Care of Business - BTO
3) Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC
2) Levon - Elton John
1) Born to Run - The Boss
Good Point crash. That's exactly how I feel about my VH pick. I wouldn't call it everyone's best but it just takes me to real good place.
I have a theory about the song Satisfaction and why it has proven so durable but I will not waste it on a forum. Saving it for the book.
It's funny that you mention about saving it for the book. I've been conceptualizing trying to craft a book out of my hub pages. Call it something like The World According To Crash, or some such thing. I'd probably want to expand upon the hubs so there would be new material, but it could be fun!
I wouldn't put something on hubpages if I was using it for the book. All I give away are lists..
MY RULE OF THUMB
If there's something I wanna see or read on the internet and it's not there, then I have to create it myself!
Just like Sly Stone did when HE was a Disc Jockey but didn't hear any music he wanted to hear so he created it.
IT'S CALLED FUNK!
Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin !
Some great songs that I grew up with on this post.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
I'd now like to nominate the best song ABOUT Rock N Roll:
Rock and Roll I Gave You All The Best Years Of My Life - by fellow Aussie Kevin Johnson.
If we start talking about the songs ABOUT rock-n-roll - this one is da best, hands down http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_052kjuu0
by gusripper 8 years ago
WAS ROCK N ROLL REVOLUTION OR NO?HISTORY OF THE WORLD
by jerami 7 years ago
Hope this doesn't sound too childish. I was just looking at a picture of our universe.It looked Very similar to an aerial photo of a hurricane, It seemed to have bands spiraling off from it as does a hurricane; and I was just wondering if some of the same principals ...
by cheaptrick 7 years ago
I've installed Firefox and am slowly learning how to use it.So far I love it but I have two questions I can't find the answers too.I used the Favorites feature on IE 8 allot,Cant figure out where that is in Firefox.Also,is it possible to adjust the zoom feature to smaller increments?Explorer was...
by Doris H. Dancy 4 years ago
What do you remember about the best teacher you ever had? What was his or her name?There is something about a great teacher that makes us even remember their name. We are forever grateful to them so I thought I'd give us a chance to pay a tribute to that teacher we will never forget.
by NotPC 3 years ago
HubPages is very firm in their rule to only use photos for which you have permission to use. Hypothetically, what happens if you break this rule? I've seen many people using images that are clearly not theirs to use and I was just wondering if this affects them in any way...
by Astralrose 5 years ago
How would you address a student question about the topic of god/s?If you are an elementary teacher and an atheist.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|