jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Should SEO Become A Restricted Topic

1. Peter Hoggan profile image73
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Someone recently suggested that SEO should become a restricted topic on HP. Do you agree or disagree with this view? Please state why.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Restricted to whom? A one day old hubber can have more SEO knowledge than the one year olds.

2. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Why should any subject be restricted? The restrictions would come naturally, if they are good they would be read, if not they would be doomed to fail from the moment they are published.

1. profile image54
      Blogging Tipsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I fully agree with the opinions of Soft. No need to be restricted, let it all goes natural.

2. johncimble profile image52
      johncimbleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, correct. Why should any subject be restricted. SEO is important for many local businesses, and for people who want to invest time into learning how to effectively improve their website rankings.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image73
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I am talking about the latest content warning updates

WARNING: This Hub is on a restricted topic and contains affiliate links

This Hub appears to be written on a topic that is over saturated on HubPages and contains links to affiliate sites or offers.  Please bring this Hub into compliance by removing all affiliate or promotional links (Amazon and eBay Capsules are permitted).  Once corrected, this warning should no longer appear.

Hubs written on this topic must also be informative and of exceptional quality to remain published.

Should SEO be a restricted topic? What constitutes over saturated? Who judges quality?

4. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 6 years ago

Yeah, I'd support a restriction on the topic of SEO as long as there was also a restriction on the super saturated topics of religion and indian aunties.

Peter Hogganposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Renaming the site HolyPages would be simpler.

5. Pearldiver profile image82
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I believe it should be replaced by the topics 'How do I get My Ex Back?' and 'How to Make Money On HP!'

Yea.. Hi there Eric and Eric smile

Peter Hogganposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How to make money on HP is not such a bad idea. lol

6. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Holy cow!! lol

I am yet to see such a warning .

7. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

If affiliate links are not allowed and HP ad program being low earner and adsense non-existent, give me one good point in favor of hub authors to write new hubs. Everything is restricted here, you just need to wait for the warnings.

working