jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Free Browsing with PC

1. MrNock profile image75
    MrNockposted 6 years ago

How do I browse with my PC for free?

2. jponiato profile image82
    jponiatoposted 6 years ago

I'm not clear on what you're asking.  All major browsers are free (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc.).  If you're asking how you can get free Internet access, that's quite a request.

If you're a college student, most universities offer a free dial-up Internet account.  Some communities have "free-nets" that offer free (rare these days) or reduced-rate accounts.  Some communities have blanket wireless access - I hope to see more of that in the future.

If you have a wireless adapter, and you don't have free wireless in your area, most McDonalds, numerous coffee shops, and various other enterprises have wireless access available - you might have to take a drive, assuming your

If that's not what you're looking for, please elaborate on your question.

1. jponiato profile image82
      jponiatoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's supposed to say "assuming your PC is portable."

2. MrNock profile image75
      MrNockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, jponiato, what I'm looking for is a software that I can Install, configure and gain Internet access. Some people have been using " your-freedom " software to gain access to the net, but my laptop which is Win7 based does not allow me access. Oh, by the way,  I live in west Africa...and, yes, you're correct some of our higher institutions here used to offer free access to the net but not any more.

Thanks for sharing

working