- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Europe
20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Spain
1. There is just one sport in Spain that counts that is Soccer. It is the most important sport in Spain
2. Spain was just getting over some of its own civil conflicts during the war years. So most of Spain remained neutral during World War I and World War 2
3. The Spanish culture is hundreds of years old and has spread throughout the world during colonization and conquest
4. One of the most historical capitals in Europe is the Capitol of Spain, Madrid
5. One interesting fact about Spain is that it seems larger on the map then it really is the total amount of Spain’s land mass is 5 percent larger than that of the United Kingdom
6. The most widely known mammal in Spain is the Bat with over 50 different species found in Spain alone
7. Some of the world’s most inspirational artist Some of their paintings are now priceless and have given mankind a beautiful treasure. Some artist include Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, and Joan Miro
8. The tooth fairy does not exist in Spain he was abandoned for the tooth mouse named Ratoncito Perez!
9. Spain is the closet European country to the African continent
10. Spain joined in with many of Europe’s countries in accepting a new form of currency the
11. Spain is an extremely populated country. It contains one of the highest populations of people per capa than any other country in Europe. The country of Spain has over 45 million residents as of the last census of 2010
12. The largest selection of truffles and olives are exported from Spain to destinations around the world.
13. Spain uses the lunch time hour to provide a banquet and feast as their main meal of the day
14. Many musical dances have their main influence from the Spanish culture including the Macarena
15. Spain is one of the world’s leaders when it comes to alternative energy. They have more hydro and wind electric stations in the country than anywhere else in the world. It has proven that large cities can sustain the power needed by using natural technologies.
16. Legend has it that The Pillars of Hercules are the gateway from Spain to reach Atlantis. Atlantis is mentioned in legend as one of the most technological people to ever walk the planet whether it is true or not it still makes for good reading.
17. The second most spoken language in the world is Spanish besides English.
18. The conquistadors that conquered central and South America loaded thousands of tons of gold back to Spain yet 2/3 of the gold was sunk or raided by pirates.
19. Running with the bulls is a Spanish festival that has been celebrated for over 300 years. Every year there are people killed while running with the bulls. However, it is still enjoyed by thousands every year as they line the streets
20. The Spanish American war helped increase the extensions of the US by allowing the purchase of the southern and western USA
- Education in Spain
Spain has been getting hammered in the news yet despite all the negativity in the media Spain still remains one of the top 10 destinations for tourist and expats. Spain also has one of the best educational systems in all of Europe and this has helped
- Books on Spain -- Before your Travels
When you first look into the country of Spain to visit or to Live as an Expat your first response is the Medias glamorization of it. The woman, Sun, and historical tribulations are seen as the true Spain. I would suggest a possible different approach
- Top 5 Fun & Interesting Places to Visit in Spain
Spain is one of the foremost places to visit on holiday. I have some suggestions if you go that you must see if you can. Here are the top 5 places to visit in Spain.
- Satellite TV In Spain
hen moving to a new country sometimes we forget about the little things that we enjoy back home. T.V for example is really not on our to do list but here is something that may make your life a little bit more enjoyable and easier while moving for the
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...