Best Water Parks in Colorado
Here are some of the best water parks in Colorado including waterworld, elitch gardens, apez center, pirates cove water park, splash water park and hot springs lodge and pool. Colorado water parks offers thrilling rides, water slides, wave pools, live shows and perfect summer getaway. Feel free to vote your favorite water park in the poll section and also post your experiences in the comment section below.
List of best water parks in Colorado:
Waterworld water park:
Waterworld outdoor water park covers 67 acres located on Federal heights, CO and is one of the best water parks in Colorado. The park boasts 49 water attractions including various water slides, lazy river, inflatable raft rides, inflatable tube rides and 2 wave pools. Admission price for adults is $39.99, seniors is $8.99 and children is $34.99. Charges lockers for $2 and tube rentals for $5. Do not forget to sign up for their email list to get coupons for waterworld water park. Guests who arrive waterworld water park after 1.45 pm may get reduced ticket price. You can also buy splash pass to get discount tickets. Parking is free. This water park is also ranked number 3 by the travel channel of the top water parks in the United States. The park is open from memorial day through labor day.
Water attractions in waterworld water park:
- Screamin mimi - It is a vertical slide reaches speed up to 30 miles per hour.
- Wave pools - It has 2 wave pools such as captain Jack's wave pool and the thunder bay wave pool.
- Revolution - It is a thrilling ride starts from an enclosed long tube and drop down into a gaint bowl.
- Space bowl - Fast spinning ride and finally drop you in the pool.
- Journey to the center of the earth - Journey to the center of the earth or voyage to the center of the earth is a closed ride in which riders ride in multi circular inflatable rafts and is one of the best rides in waterworld water park.
- Turbo racer - It is a racing slide attraction and features 8 lanes.
- Jet scream - Fastest enclosed ride
- Wallyworld - Kids play zone for young children.
- River country - Open slide with many twists.
- H20rena - It is a water play area with water spray stations and dumping bucket.
- Calypso cove - Family fun zone
- Hydromagnetic water caoster
- Lazy river
Elitch gardens is located in downtown Denver and features theme park, shows, island kingdom water park and various attractions. The water park has slides, lazy river and wave pool to cool you in summer. Elitch garden theme park has various activities such as roller coasters, kiddie rides, thrill rides and transportation rides. Other features include carnival style games, live shows and special events conducted throughout the year. One of the special event in elitch garden is fright fest in october. Admission for elitch gardens theme park is $43. Onsite island kingdom water park is also included with admission to elitch gardens theme park. The park is open from may through october. Group rates and season pass is also available. You can see fireworks show during the summer.
Water attractions in island kingdom water park:
- RipQurl - Giant bowl tube ride and also one of the best rides in this park.
- Commotion ocean - wave pool
- Castaway creek lazy river with geysers, water bubbles and water falls.
- Hook's lagoon - Five story interactive play structure
- Paradise pipeline - Enclosed tube ride
Piarates cove is another best water park in Colorado and is located in Littleton, CO. It has various features including water slides, lazy river, spray garden, leisure pol with play structure, six lane pool and 35 foot slide tower. Adult admission price is $9.25 and children is $8. Residents may get a discount for pirates cove water park.
Colorado travel guide:
Apex center is a 23,000 square feet sports and fun complex in Arvada, CO. It features indoor water park, ice rink, gyms, rock climbing and food. They also have free indoor playground for children. The indoor water park has slides, lazy river, zero depth playground, body slides, tube slides, vortex pool, lap pool, activity pool and hot tubs. Admission is free for under 2 years. They charge $3 for 3 to 5 years, $4.25 for age 6 to 18, $5.50 for age 19 to 60, $4.25 for 60+ and above.
Splash water park:
Splash water park is in Golden, CO and offers spray fountain, water slides, lap pool and wet sand play area. Admission is free for children under 2. They charge $4.50 for 2 to 5 years, $7.50 for 6 to 18 years, $9 for 19 to 59 years and $7 for 60+ and above.
Hot springs lodge and pool:
Hot springs lodge and pool is located in Glenwood springs and offers swimming pools and 2 water slides. Hot springs pool is the largest pool in the world. Other features include diving pool, therapy pool and kiddie pool. Admission price for adults is $13.75 and children is $9.50.
What is your favorite water park in Colorado?
Waterworld water park, Colorado:
- Best Water Parks in Alberta
Alberta Water Parks Here are some of the best water parks in Alberta including world water park, wild rapids water park, Douglas fir resort water park and drumheller aquaplex. Alberta is located in western Canada and is home to greatest dinosaur...
- Best Water Parks in California