Best Water Parks in Kentucky
Here are some of the best water parks in Kentucky including splash lagoon, venture river, splash water park and somer splash water park. Water parks are a great way to chill off and have some quality time with kids and families.
List of best water parks in Kentucky:
1. Splash Lagoon:
It is inside the beach bend amusement park and also one of the best water parks in Kentucky. The amusement park has splash lagoon water park, campgroud and two racetracks. The campground offers bathhouses, picnic area and wi-fi internet service.
Splash lagoon water park is an indoor water park and offers couple of water slides, whirlpool spas, body slides, tube slides, interactive play structure with tipping bucket and lazy river. The water park and amusement park is open from may through september. Adult admission price is $32.
Stock car racing is conducted on friday nights in the month of april to september. The drag racing program has numerous national events and runs march to november.
Main attractions in this water park include:
- Tiki tree house - Water play area with many water spray stations and dumping bucket.
- Big kahuna - Speed slide with twist and turn
- Black hole - Enclosed slide
- Adventure bay - Activity pool offers a water basketball.
- Maui wowie - It is one of the fastest ride and offers thrilling experience for visitors.
- Monkey shine - Fun zone for all ages and offers shallow pool, baby swings, slides and surf riding.
2. Venture river:
Kentucky Travel Guide:
Venture river is an outdoor water park and is included with admission to six flags Kentucky kingdom. The water park has 10 exciting water slides, kiddie pool, lazy river, wave pool and sand volleyball. Admission cost for adults is $21 and children is $17. Free for children under 2.
Main attraction for adults in this park:
- Hurricane harbor - It is a wave pool and contains 480,000 gallons of water
- Cliffhanger - Thrilling ride
- Dueling demon - Speed slide
- Triple mania - Enclosed slide
For kids and children, they have pleasure island kiddie pool and interactive water area. It has castle with slides and it is just for little ones.
3. Splash Water Park:
Another best water park in Kentucky is splash outdoor water park and located on Williamsburg. The water park has something for everyone and features lazy river, wave pool, tube slides, body slides and interactive water play area with tipping bucket. Other features in this park include mini golf, go karts and concessions. The park is open from memorial day weekend through labor day. Water park admission is $10 and all event price is $27. It includes water park, mini-golf, batting cages and go-karts.
Main attractions in the park:
- Castaway river - 900 foot long lazy river
- Tadpole island - 6000 square foot activity pool
- Play house - Small slides, water cannons, gaint bucket and net climbing ladders.
4. Somer splash water park:
Somer splash water park is located on Somerset, Kentucky. This park is home to Kentucky's largest lazy river. For kids, they have kiddie area and wading pool. Other features include tube ride, bowl slides and giant wave pool. Admission price is $14.95 for adults and $12.95 for children. They have special discount price if you go after 4 pm. Season pass and group rates is also available. You can have birthday parties at the park. Birthday parties includes pizza, ice cream, beverages and admission to the park.