Forest Park in St. Louis Missouri - A Big Park with a Neat History
Forest Park in Missouri
Forest Park is an amazing place to visit. I would highly recommend going to this large park if you ever get the chance when near St. Louis Missouri. I absolutely love it there. There is so much one could say, that its hard to know where to start.
A Few Facts About Forest Park
* There are more than 12 million visitors per year, that use Forest Park. This surprised me at first, but then I learned more about it and wasn't as surprised because it is so amazing.
* There are many events in Forest Park. For instance, you can find many people coming to play sports like cricket, rugby, softball, archery, lacrosse, tennis, golf, and soccer! Hundreds of thousands of people go there for those kinds of things.
* There are places in Forest Park to fish and go paddle boating, ride bikes, ice skate and roller skate, jog and more.
* There are many yearly events that thousands attend, like the Great Forest Park Balloon Race. They have parades like the St. Patrick's Day Parade, which is a huge event. There are many proud Irish in St. Louis!
* The Muny is a huge gem of Forest Park. They put on spectacular shows. Half a million people attend these shows. You can hear music and see plays and much more.
* There is included in this park, several fragile ecosystems. I was astonished to find this out! They have a primary forest, a secondary successional forest for example. Not to mention the amazing free, world renowned zoo!
* There are about 18,000 trees in Forest Park, and several fountains and ponds.
* The St. Louis Art Museum is also located within the park.
I could go on and on, as I have yet to find out all there is to know about Forest Park. I love to frequent the museum there when I can, and it is simply amazing and almost completing a huge renovation.
Really, there is something for everyone at Forest Park. I have seen people having picnics there, playing a guitar in the grass on a blanket on a nice day, or exercising. You name it, there is a lot going on at Forest Park. It is in a neat downtown area in St. Louis as well, and not far from the Botanical Garden which another of my favorite places when I can go there.