Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Songwriters: Elton John; Bernie Taupin
Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me
We have all been captivated by the timeless beauty of a sunset. Some of us are lucky enough to see one every day, others have to wait until we're on vacation by the sea.
Since the beginning of time, beautiful sunsets have inspired man to write songs, poems and quotes about sunsets.
Sunset Quotes combines famous sunset quotes, lyrics and poems with some beautiful sunset pictures that I have been lucky enough to capture over the years.
Beautiful Sunset Quotes
Here are some beautiful sunset quotes by famous people:
- If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds 10 million to the box office - George Lucas
- Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal. - Elbert Hubbard
- Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset. - Ann Landers
- The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire. - Pamela Hansford Johnson
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator. - Mahatma Gandhi
- If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God. - G.K.Chesterson
- It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream. - Bern Williams
- Today I saw a red and yellow sunset and thought, how insignificant I am! Of course, I thought that yesterday too, and it rained - Woody Allen
What Is A Sunset?
Sunset is the daily disappearance of the sun below the sea-level horizon in the west caused by the rotation of the earth.
The actual time of sunset, which varies slightly each day depending on the seasons, is calculated as the time when the top edge of the sun disappears below the horizon.
Interestingly, dusk is the time when darkness falls, and the time between sunset and dusk is known as 'twilight'.
Most sunset pictures are taken just before sunset with the sun reflecting off the water. However, the colours can get particularly intense once the sun has actually disappeared as the rays of the sun light up the clouds as you can see in the beach sunset pictures above.
More Beautiful Sunset Quotes
Here are some more beautiful sunset quotes and sunset pictures:
- I don't know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets.-John Glenn (astronaut)
- Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven. - John Lubbock
- I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also. - John McCain
- Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better. - Henry Rollins
- There's a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they're absolutely free. Don't miss so many of them. ― Jo Walton
- If I had a horse, I'd ride off in the sunset, where dreams, and shadows lie. To a life, where pain and sorrow don't exist, and to where hopes and dreams become reality. - Unknown
- Love is the dawn of marriage, and marriage is the sunset of love - French Proverb
- For me optimism is two lovers walking into the sunset arm in arm. Or maybe into the sunrise - whatever appeals to you. - Krzysztof Kieslowski
Beautiful Sunset Quotes
I hope you enjoyed this article on Sunset Quotes.
If you like quotes, you might also be interested in: