- Travel and Places»
- Travel Activities & Ideas
Tranquility In The Midst Of A Busy Town
Puerto Rico is a wonderful island where the limit of attractions seems unlimited. In the midst of a fast paced town a park is found which recompenses the appetite of physical, spiritual, mental and social exercises.
Bayamon is one of the 78 municipalities of Puerto Rico that always stresses me with the traffic jams and the urban life, until we visited the park named “Paseo Lineal Río Bayamón” inaugurated in 2003.
This park extends from PR-177 state highway where the golf course is in Santa Rosa, Bayamon to the De Diego Expressway, State Road PR-22 near the Park of Sciences in Rio Hondo (across the street).
This park has the intentions of being extended. The extension would run along the river and parallel with State Road PR 167 North to the coast across the state highway PR 165. There it will continue to the east to Palo Seco where there is already a recreational area in Isla de Cabras.
The importance of visiting a park
The importance of visiting a park is way more than just getting out of the four walls where we live. The benefits of exercising is within out door visits such as this park:
- Exercise and physical activity deliver oxygen and nutrients to our tissues and help our cardiovascular system work more efficiently.
- Being active increases our 'good' cholesterol or high-density lipoproptein (HDL), and unhealthy triglycerides decreases
- Activities makes us burn calories
- Being active stimulates various brain chemicals known as the "happy hormones"improving mood
Town where to find the park
Benefits of the 3.95 kilometers
The 3.95 kilometers is a good distance to feed ourselves with corporal exercises. Almost five miles gaining the benefits of time for the love the body needs as well as our spirit with a tranquil moment, where reflections arise helping our minds; wise decisions can be made; in consequence as you
- ride bicycle
physical, spiritual, mental and social exercises is being provided.
“A clean body is a treasure that everybody desires”.
Park areasClick thumbnail to view full-size
The attractions of “Paseo Lineal Rio Bayamon"
Being free of cost the 7 days of the week with a time range that benefits anyone from 5:30 am to 9:00 pm, this park retrieves and integrates a water system to a water plant to address municipal needs such as recreation and economic development.
The “Paseo Lineal Río Bayamón” is better than medicine or a chiropractor. The park consists of:
- a linear drive of two routes, one for pedestrians and one for bikes.
- The visitor is provided with passive recreation areas with equipment and private activities.
- It also provides a family friendly environment which promotes health care through physical activities such as "aerobics classes and “Zumba” Monday through Thursday from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, completely free of charge.
Do you like nature like we do? Then you will love the visit as you exercise your body while your spirit gazes with the well cared nature around the roads.
More than a parkClick thumbnail to view full-size
More about the park
Do you exercise walking daily?
Visit "Paseo Lineal Rio Bayamon" Puerto Rico
In the midst of a busy town we found a tranquil spot as many other places that exist. Back pains, tiredness, excess pounds and stress... I believe we will be absent of our body once we determine to demonstrate love with caring actions toward ourselves.
Love our Creator, Savior and Lord; well, eat healthy, sleepexercise, have fun, be responsible which will assure the benefits of a well lived life. You will see the sun shining in the bitterness of problems and when struggles surround your environment.
I suggest you visit "Paseo Lineal Rio Bayamon ". Until you make the visit, delight yourself with the video added and be inspired with the music.
Blessings to all!
© Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
Paseo Lineal del Rio
© 2012 Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill