Experience The Best London Museums For Free
Five Of London’s Biggest And Best Museums With Free Entry
London’s many museums are one of the capital’s finest assets. There are so many to choose from, so how do you choose which ones to visit while on a trip to London? Free entry is always a big plus, and luckily, some of London ’s biggest and best known museums are also free to enter. Here are top 5 of London ’s big museums with free entry:
1. The British Museum. Probably best known, especially by children, for its Egyptian mummies, the British Museum houses a breathtaking collection of treasures from around the world, spanning two million years. Established over 250 years ago, this epic museum is a must-see for anyone who is curious about mankind’s existence on earth. It’s open 10.00 -17.30 everyday, apart from Friday when it’s open late until 20.30.
2. The Natural History Museum. For animal lovers and anyone curious about life on earth this museum is a great place to spend hours marvelling at the different exhibits. The dinosaurs are always a big attraction, as is the model of a blue whale. There are lots of interactive features that will keep children entertained and amused and it will surprise you how much time can pass while you are enjoying all this museum has to offer. Opening times are 10.00 – 17.50
3. The Science Museum. Next door to the Natural History Museum, This museum will amuse and amaze kids from 7 to 70 years old. You can see forms of transportation that have spanned the ages, learn about space exploration, and learn all about the scientific wonders of the world with lots of interactive displays. If technology gets you excited, then this is your place. Open daily between 10.00 – 18.00
4. The Imperial War Museum. Walk through the entrance and you will be greeted by a large open space displaying tanks, armoured cars, fighter planes and rockets. Worth a visit for this alone, the museum also has galleries covering the World Wars, and up to present day. The holocaust exhibition can be disturbing, so be prepared, but is worth seeing. You can check out this museum daily between 10.00 – 18.00
5. The Museum Of London. A visit to London shouldn’t be done without learning about the history of the city in this museum. Discover how London has developed and grown since prehistoric times and how it has been affected and influenced by all the visitors and invaders from overseas. Check out how it looked and thrived in different periods in history and how life for it’s residents changed through the years. Open daily between 10.00 – 18.00.
Though some of them have some exhibitions that have an entry charge, all of these museums are free to enter and enjoy. In these times, when for many money is tight, hours of entertainment, learning and enjoyment can be experienced for free at these wonderful museums in the heart of London. A visit to at least one or more of these museums should be a must for any visitor on a trip to London.