Quick and Easy Cruise Packing List
Things To Consider Before Packing
Although every cruise itinerary and ship is different, there are certain items that I always find very useful on a cruise.
Before packing, I consider the following:
- The duration of the cruise, ie number of nights
- The place and climate we're cruising to
- The number of formal nights scheduled
- What we'll be wearing onboard and in port
- Any excursions that may be planned.
- If there are laundry facilities onboard
I find it useful to plan ahead by keeping a look out for items that we need to take on the cruise. I find it's usually cheaper to bring items from home in most cases.
Keeping a list of what to bring can take the headache out of packing and helps to make sure I don't forget anything.
Some people find a spreadsheet is a good way of keeping things tidy but I find a written list to be just as useful!
Packing List Ideas
- Clothing - warm & cool weather clothing (depending on climate)
- Formal night clothing (check cruise info)
- Shoes- formal shoes, casual shoes, runners, reef shoes (if applicable)
- Theme Items (check cruise info about any theme nights and what to bring)
- Toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, make-up, razor, hygiene items, personal effects, medications (I check with Dr, cruise line/ travel agent)
- Hat/ Cap/ Sunglasses
- Beach towels
- Bag/ Backpack (Carry items around ship or whilst in port)
- Laundry Bag (to store dirty items)
- Passport / Visa (if applicable)
- Cruise Tickets
- Photo Identication/ Drivers Licence, Wallet, Money, Keys
- Booked Excursion Documentation ( if applicable)
- Bottled Water (Check cruise lines policy)
- Phone & Charger
- Alarm Clock (if not using phone)
- Book/ Magazine
- Highlighter/ Pen (to mark daily activities of interest)
- Umbrella/ Rainproof Jacket
- I always contact the cruise line or applicable travel agent for any queries before travelling.
Sit Back and Relax
Once the packing is all done, I love to sit back and relax knowing that my holiday is just around the corner!
I've found it's worth keeping my cruise packing list for future reference to make it easy and stress- free for the next adventure.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Sunnylisa