Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Finding good travel insurance is one thing; finding good holiday insurance cover is another; and finding good winter sports travel insurance is another thing entirely.
What do I mean by that?
I mean that it's tough, probably the toughest out of all travel insurances to successfully find. Many travel insurance companies don't want to invest in the risk you are willingly taking; they don't care if you are a really good skier or snowboarder. They're a business when it comes down to the details and as a business their number one priority is money - not you.
This doesn't mean winter sports holiday insurance doesn't exist. It does. The problem is is that the winter sport travel insurance that you find is most likely very expensive, or has some kind of contract that is difficult to keep, or has some other kind of minute detail. The good ones are out there; you just need to know where to look.
How to Find Cheap Winter Sports Travel Insurance
The good news about finding good holiday insurance cover, and more specifically, good winter sports travel insurance, is that cheap - as well as fair - insurance exists. You may need to make a few compromises, or pay a slightly higher price, but it's worth it in the long run.
Just follow these tips:
- Annual policy. If you keep on traveling to the same destination every winter and participate in the same winter sport then it may make sense for you purchase an annual insurance policy. This would mean you would pay a hefty sum up front - you would be paying for many years - but in the long run it would save you hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars. This is a great idea if you are looking to buy ski travel insurance.
- Group Insurance: A group travel insurance policy is a great way to go for many people. The cost is cheaper since you split it with everyone in your group; it also may come with extra benefits, such as free children and even, in some cases, a prolonged insurance policy.
- Be Specific: What kind of winter sport are you doing? Are you doing multiple sports? Just one? Many times people will get sucked in to buying an entire winter sports travel insurance plan when they could have only bought pieces of it. If you are looking for skiing travel insurance and no other winter sport travel insurance then, when you are buying the insurance, just target that. It will safe you a bundle of money if you negotiate properly and know what you are doing.
- Pay more up front: Many insurance companies have what is called an excess which is paid before the actual travel insurance. By paying more up front you could greatly reduce the cost on your holiday insurance cover.
- Shop around: Like all material things in life it's important you shop around first and find the best insurance. Check below for more information.
More Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance - Is it Right For You?
Spontaneous. Reckless. Random. Have you ever felt like that? Probably. I think we all have; it's a fundamental part of the human psyche. The problem, and it is a real problem, is many time when these...
- Travel Insurance For Pre Existing Medical Conditions
All insurance policies take into account what kind of medical conditions their client has; that's a fact, a fact that's not going to change any time soon. It makes sense logically - why would an insurance...
The Best Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Money should never be an issue and especially shouldn't be something you are ripped off of. You need to shop around and spend your money wisely; you don't want to waste any of that hard earned cash.
This is even more true with winter sport travel insurance. If you don't pay attention, know what you're looking for, you could find yourself paying much more then needed. With that in mind here is a list of the best winter sports holiday insurance:
- Insure and Go: This travel insurance company is the best for winter ski insurance. They cover medical emergencies, repatriations, piste closure as well as any ski packs hired or owned. They will (remember what I mentioned above) free winter sports travel insurance when you purchase an annual policy; furthermore they will cover any children under the age of 18 per adult.
- Allura Direct: The motto of this travel insurance company sums up how they do business, "Ski travel insurance is peace of mind." This is a similar company to Insure and Go but with one added feature: their winter sports travel insurance includes hotels, as well deal with lost luggage and other issues.
- EndSleigh: Endsleigh is one of the most popular winter sport travel insurance companies because they don't just cover ski and snowboard travel insurance but a wide array of winter sports. They have emergency medical treatment, will get you ski equipment if you lose yours, and if you purchase an annual multi trip will get you an addition 17 days of coverage.