Best Italian Restaurant in Delhi - Big Chill Cafe in Khan Market
You can check out road map and driving directions to reach Big Chill, Khan Market right below this article
If you have traveled to Delhi or you are a delhite, you must have heard about people saying that Big Chill is the best place to eat out and dine in Delhi. Big Chill is the God of Italian food in Delhi. Nothing can beat their menu anywhere in Delhi. Even other famous Italian restaurants in Delhi including Lodi Gardens, Smoke House Grill, Baci Restaurant, Diva Italian Restaurant, Moets, Taj Palace Hotel, Little Italy, Metropolis Tourist Home, and Urban Pind cannot beat the taste and menu of the Big Chill.
Now with the above things in our mind combined with continuous recommendation from many of our colleagues who went to Big Chill earlier, we, a group of 7 friends, visited Big Chill at Khan Market. The Big Chill Café is located near Salim Kebab Corner (famous for making ethereal kebabs).
I tried the Mississippi mud pie in Big Chill. It was truly wonderful, as many of my friends had told me. What we liked about the place is the fact that they play good 70s music and have old Hollywood posters which give a warm feel to the café.
In non-vegetarian dishes, their lasagna recipe tasted really good. Big Chill also serves a chicken dish called as Sicilian chicken, which was really yummy, but only if you are not the dieting types because it has got loads of butter and cheese oozing out of every bite. For all those who can eat almost any edible thing, try the cold cut platter there. It is awesome. It has got sausages, salami, pepperoni, sliced salmon, all with really nice tartar sauce.
One of my friends loved her pasta, garlic bread, and ice tea pitcher over there. Also, the chicken pasta with white wine was simply irresistible. Big Chill also has great stuff for chocolate lovers.
Also, you can try the peach smoothie, as it is very delicious. According to one of the staff there, there cheesecakes are awesome. The brownie with Belgian chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce is favorite among foreign visitors.
Another ice cream to try there is the super fudge brownie and it is really good. Also, rich dark chocolate with pieces of chocolate cake swirled is damn good.
Other famous Italian recipes of Big Chill in Khan Market include caesar salad and blueberry cheesecake. The Big Chill near the Supper Factory in East of Kailash is also a great place to hang out with friends, so if you are a die hard Italian food lover and you are searching for the best Italian restaurant in Delhi, I would recommend Big Chill 5 out of 5. I have tried other Italian restaurants out there but Big Chill is the best in comparison to them. Also, Big chill is a favorite place for foreign travelers visiting Delhi and is not really expensive to the pocket.
Map and Driving directions to reach The Big Chill, Khan Market from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
Starting Location. Indira Gandhi International Airport New Delhi
1. Head east 1 kilometer
2. Slight left towards Mahipalpur Mehrauli Road – 2 kilometers
3. Continue straight on Mehrauli-Mahipalpur Road - 300 meters
4. Turn left toward Swarna Jayanti Marg/Gurgaon Road/National Highway 8 - 900 meters
5. Continue straight onto Swarna Jayanti Marg/Gurgaon Road/National Highway 8 - Pass by The R Blues (on the right at 1.5 kilometers) – 3 kilometers
6. Slight right at Rao Tula Ram Marg - 2.1 kilometers
7. Turn left to stay on Rao Tula Ram Marg - Pass by Igl CNG Pump (on the left at 2 kilometers) - 2.7 kilometers
8. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit on Shanti Path - Go through 1 roundabout -Pass by Star BroadBand Services (on the right in 1 kilometers) - 1.5 kilometers
9. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Panchsheel Marg - Go through 1 roundabout - Pass by Central Bank Of India (on the left in 700 meters) - 900 meters
10. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Kamal Ataturk Road - 950 meters
11. Continue onto Aurangzeb Road - Go through two roundabouts - Pass by New Delhi Hotels (on the right in 850 meters) - 1.8 kilometers
12. At the roundabout, take the fourth exit onto Prithviraj Road – 290 meters
13. Turn left at Prithviraj Lane and Pass by Jammu and Kashmir House and Emporium (on the right) - 400 meters
14. Turn left at 95 meters
15. Take the second right - Destination will be on the right – 67 meters
Ending Location – Big Chill, Lodi Estate, Khan Market, Delhi