jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Perfect day trips for New Englanders

1. LowellWriter profile image79
    LowellWriterposted 8 years ago

Perfect day trips for New Englanders

2. Gretchel85 profile image75
    Gretchel85posted 8 years ago

Newport, RI is always a nice place to visit.  You can shop in the little downtown area, grab a bite to eat, and then go tour one of the mansions or take a walk on the beach.

Another favorite is heading to the North Shore of Massachusetts.  Between Gloucester, Salem, or Rockport, there is sure to be a place you will like.  So many little spots to shop and eat, plus beaches and even museums.  One of my favorite places is Ocean's Lawn in Gloucester (actually a little area of it called Magnolia).  It's this little walk through the woods and by a lake, and then all of the sudden you come out to this big lawn.  The edge touches the ocean and you can walk all over the rock/cliffs.  Souch an amazing view, but keep in mind it is privately owned and public access is only made during day light hours.

Hope you have fun!

3. LowellWriter profile image79
    LowellWriterposted 8 years ago

Gretchel, thank you for not only answering my request, but for suggesting some great places to travel to. I will keep them in mind.

Sneak, I'm sure you thought your response to my request was funny and cool. Unfortunately, you have a sense of humor that very few people will ever appreciate. If you have nothing of worth to say, keep your thoughts to yourself. Most importantly, grow up. Peace to you too.

4. kiwi91 profile image78
    kiwi91posted 7 years ago

Besides the places Gretchel mentioned, Cape Cod is a great day trip, that might take more than a day depending on where you are. Some of my other favorites in New England are Acadia National Park and nearby Bar Harbor, the southern coast of Maine near Portland, Franconia Notch, NH, the Connecticut Lakes of Northern NH, Route 4 in Vermont between Rutland and Lebanon, NH (especially Woodstock and Killington), the Berkshires of western Mass (many quaint towns and mountains to explore), and the South Shore of Massachusetts, which has beautiful beaches, marshes, and dunes.

working